New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By teal_dx
#74494 The search feature will save you a lot of time. At the top menu, go to "Forum" and then you'll see "Search" in the list.

There's some options to the search and you don't feel like taking the time to try them all to learn what they do.... then read on.

Let's say you want to do a search for wheel bearings.

I would go to the search & enter " wheel and bearing* " in the top box.
tha "and" means that you'll only get results that have the words "wheel bearing" together. This will eliminate all the threads that have the word "wheel" and the word "bearing" used separately. Like "Wheel Paint" or "Rod Bearing"

The * is used so that you will get results for the word "bearing" as well as "bearings" The * is like a wildcard that allows any letter to be following your word. with out the * you would only get results that have "bearing"
That is not as good as a search that gives results for the singular and plural form of the word "bearings".

Now below you can choose the forum and category for the search. This is useful if you were looking for spoon mirrors and were only interested in them for the sedan. You could do searches in the Chassis-Sedan section and the Your Ride - Sedan section. Also the Exterior section would be a good place to look.

Search previous: how far back in time you want your search to go. If you are looking for a post you remember seeing a month or so ago, then you can change this setting to "3 Months"

Sort by: How you would like your search results to be displayed in the list.

Display results as: Posts or Topics. Topics will give you the post titles in your search results with links to the thread. Posts will provide a more detailed list of search results with a clip of the text from the body of the post along with the title.

Return first: This setting determines how much body text is shown when you choose Display results as: Posts

Search for Author: This search is for finding topics by specific users.