New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By kwings49
#356683 Sup guys,

You have a great community here, and I've been a casual lurker over the years. I've admired builds on here, from the mild daily drivers to the caged and race prepped dragsters. I've always loved Hondas.... and so over the years I've been saving my pennies, hoping someday I could afford a fifth gen hatch, coupe, or sedan to turn into a fun project. So last week the penny jar got really full, and I saw a pretty girl that really caught my eye. And now, I have a reason I can join, since I just bought my dream car... an Eh2. No ac and no ps.... just the way I always wanted her. She's gonna need a lot of work, she needs a whole lotta lovin', but I think it's a good place to start with for having a project car.

I am hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction here, and I apologize in advance for my lack of technical speak so bear with me. The hatch was swapped to an H series motor, and then back to the d15b7. When I brought it home and got a chance to really comb over the car, I noticed that the rad fan isn't connected to anything..... so that kinda freaked me out. The temperature gauge never shot up abnormally on the ride back, but I'm hesitant on going anywhere far in fear of getting stuck in traffic, and it getting too hot in the kitchen. The night I bought her, the previous owner was telling me how he had just finished a swap on a coupe... in hindsight I'm thinking maybe the coupe needed a new relay, he took the one out of the hatch, and sold it to me thinking the car probly wouldn't overheat on the ride home or I wouldn't notice the fan not connected for a while.

I've been googling up wiring diagrams and schematics, and it wasn't until I saw a YouTube video that showed the rad fan connector plugging into a relay (rad fan relay I'm guessing???) The harness has a black wire (ground?) and then a red/blk wire that go to nothing. I have no 92-95 buddies that I could compare my wiring to, and I feel dumb enough having to ask here about this. I just don't know if these wires were originally for the AC fan or something, if it's even related to the rad fan relay, or if what I'm looking at coming from the harness has nothing to do with the rad fan at all.

So forgive me for the stupid question, but any help you could send my way is much appreciated. Here is a picture of me holding the rad fan connector plug and then the red/blk wire and ground wire coming off the harness leading to nowhere. Is this going to require a new harness? Can I order a relay/pigtail with wiring from a place like MajesticHonda and just splice it into the loose wires? Am I too much a newb for posting sh*t like this?

thanks for readin
By teal_dx
#356700 And you can always get that clip for a couple bucks from a junk yard. What year is your car? I'll look at my 92 to see if those wires are the same. They don't look as thick as the others, so I'm thinking they may be from something else.
By kwings49
#356796 Thank you teal_dx & driv-it-hard for the quick responses. Teal_dx, the car is a '95 DX w/ d15b7.

I bought a Haynes manual the night I got the car, and although I can't really decipher the wiring schematic in the back, in the Cooling section there is a picture of the rad fan electrical connector location with a plug coming off the harness. I thought the plug coming from the harness went into some other relay, but from the schematic I think this relay is actually closer to the t-stat? So I figure I would just need a new connector + pigtail to hook up the harness to my rad fan connector. I posted up a thread on HT after I found a connectors/plug page on Majestic Auto that has em for sale with the pins- but for almost $40. So I'll try a few junkyards first and hopefully get lucky, will post back my results.