New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By Zmayes25
#355128 My eg doesnt have that much power at all and was just trying to figure out what i need to do for more power
By Zmayes25
#355161 1.5 single overhead cam. 230k. just got the car about a week ago so i really dont know exactly every thing about it
By teal_dx
#355163 That's pretty high mileage... I'd do a compression test and see how low it is. If it's never been rebuilt, it may just be an old tired engine ready for a basic rebuild. Or if you're coming from driving a v6, yeah the 1.5 is gonna feel slow. Especially if it's an auto.
By EconoBox
#355164 Welcome to the forum :woot: !

Like Teal said that is a high mileage engine and being the d15b7 its already not the best starting point for making power.

We'd all be happy to point you in the right direction and answering these few questions will help.

1: Is the car auto or manual?
2: How much power do you want?
3: How much $$$ do you want to spend?
By Zmayes25
#355173 Its a manual and im down to spend whatever just got to save up for it
By EconoBox
#355176 If you like your SOHC for now and just want a bit more I'd suggest ordering a short ram intake off of eBay or adding a K&N drop in filter to your stock box. The Skunk2 alpha D series header is really nice. And an Exhaust from Kteller or another company like Apexi or Buddy Club will open the exhaust up. Then order a chip kit or send your ECU out to be chipped to somewhere like Phearable.net. These will all add up to a bit more horsepower and some noise to let you feel and hear whats going on.

And then, if thats not enough, you have the option of just about any swap you want.

D,B,F,H,J,K

If you're new to modifying cars I'd stick with swapping in a D16z6 or any B motor since they are direct fit and can be done using all OEM parts if thats what your budget requires. Somewhere like Hmotorsonline will have legit full swap pacakages for B series engines.

Then you have the option of bolt ons for slight horsepower gains. The standard intake, header, exhaust, and tune is the standard install for just about everyone on here.

The expensive part is serious upgrades, aka: power adders.
I'm talking Nitrous, Supercharger, or Turbo. This is were you can spend thousand of dollars to make your car a lot faster. There is way to much to cover on these in a simple post but everything listed requires supporting mods (ie: intake, header, exhaust, fuel injectors, fuel pump, clutch, tune) so the cost of the turbo kit, nitrous kit, or supercharger kit alone isn't the full expense of adding these.