New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By hondachef
#352381 Hey guys. My clutch master cylinder is leaking and I would like to know if there's any how to threads on rebuilding the CMC. Thanks in advance
By EconoBox
#352391 I'm a huge fan of saving money and doing things like this but I've worked at Honda for over 5 years and I've never seen a rebuild kit for any of our CMCs. Most OEM and aftermarket manufacturers stopped offering MC rebuilds because once you factor in labor cost for removal, rebuilding, and re-installing it becomes just as expensive as just buying and installing the replacement part. The OEM one and aftermarket ones for EGs are really not too pricey and usually last for a while when installed correctly.

If you did manage to find a rebuild kit :thumb: I imagine it would be the same as doing a brake master cylinder rebuild. Once you have removed the MC you drain the brake fluid, depress the push rod and use snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring that holds in the spring and piston mechanism. Then you put all the new parts in where they go and install everything back together. If you look on Google you will find a some DIYs on how to do it but most people just replace the part.
By 1ATony
#352662 Thanks for joining,

Tony :woot: