New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By D3_designs
#345398 Hello everyone, well introductions first.... My names David, I'm 26 and married, I'm a welder/fabricator by trade and do light machining as well. I just picked up a 95 sedan auto non vtec from my sister in law for FREE!!! It's got a blown head gasket and was thinking of doing a 5 spd vtec swap but am unsure as to what would be the best route for me. If anyone can point me in the right direction as to what is the most California friendly swap and what's involved in a 5 spd swap I'd greatly appreciate it! :thumb: [/img]
By D3_designs
#345399 Image

(Setup a photobucket account trying to see if they show up)
By Driv-it-hard
#345401 Hey David,
The car looks good from the shots you've posted. To convert from auto to 5 speed,
engine (if you are going to do a swap) ,trani,axles, engine mounts, ECU ,SHiflinkage, auto trani mount to 5 speed conversion mount , harness, 5 speed pedals , cluster. throttle cable, clutch master and lines.

I think I have the basic they listed. Please some chime in if I'm missing anything important.

Clean car. Only some minor damage on driver door that can be replaced. Door is not pricy and you have all the moldings.
Keep putting up pics.
Thanks
By D3_designs
#345425 Photobucket problems lol the wife washed it but the interior is kinda trashed from being a baby bus

By Ajax1989
#345427 welcome to civic-eg.com
hope you enjoy your stay!!

oh btw I edited your pics for you!
#secretninjaedits
By Ajax1989
#345428 and as for swaps,
the d16z6 would be the best for you
you can swap into the car and not worry about
this states shit laws. and with a 5spd swap its
got enuf pep to have some kinda fun
By D3_designs
#345430 Thanks for the input and awesome ninja skills lol i forgot to space out the images, yeah I want to do a vtec 5spd but didn't want to have to go through BAR and have to do more work than the cars worth ya know, and it's the wife's and she has sentimental attachments otherwise if just sell it and buy a 5spd ex but she has to make it hard for me haha