New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By BetoK1ng
#345093 How's it going guys:

I'm actually in the market to get a Honda Hatchback, I have done a lot of research on how I want to customize the car and all that. but! I have a couple of noob questions as this will be my first car that I will be building as a Daily Driver. So if any of you guys would be so kind and have some time to help me out with my questions I would for sure love it. and I know that some questions might not be about the EG class, so plz bare with me because I might or might not get a EG version.

Questions:

1. since hatchbacks have great gas mileage, if I were to swap out the motor as I have seen in other builds, will that effect the gas mileage substantially if I were swap it out? or! should I just have the OG motor just rebuilt/ cleaned? also, does anyone know how much would it cost (approximately) to redo and engine? (I'm assuming the OG motor would be a D16 or D15)

2. parts!...I understand that the junkyard would be the best place for parts, but what about newer JDM bumpers or rear bumpers, Seats, console..etc. I know of Password JDM but is there other places that are recommended by others here in this community?

and finally

3. what would be the main thing to invest inn on a daily driver? i would assume the Engine, but lets take that easy one out since that would be the first thing I would focus on. anything else?

Thank You all for your time and I appreciate any and all help ^_^ thank you
By teal_dx
#345103 If your main goal is MPG, then look for a civic VX. They were only avail as hatchbacks and has the d15z1 engine with vtec-e.

For body parts, nothing fits as well as OEM.
I'd buy an old junk yard oem bumper before anything aftermarket/replacement.

What you invest in really depends on your intentions for the car. Do you want HP, MPG, tight handling, good looks etc....
By jedrick
#345127 like he said it depends which route u take im new to the game too and quickly found out that there isnt many shortcuts , just take it one thing at a time if ur worried about mpg the ur best bet is the VX and think about the things u have to deal with every day power windows vs crank windows, if u live in a cold area does it have heat or in a hot area does the ac work good?

as far as prices it varies so much place to place si its hard for someone to say oh is gonna be this much, for example in tampa florida i hear u can get a swap for 500 bucks but i bet up north is more.just decide what are u gonna work on first the engine?, looks? comfort?

if u scroll down in the forum there is a few online places that people feel comfortable buying from again thats a personal choice, i have had good luck on ebay so far but again some have had horrible experiences

just jump in and little by little make the new car ur car , i have had an awesome experience on this group so far very helpfull people and tons of tutorials to help u, cant find something just ask and im sure they will point u to the right direction