New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By cali_king_eg8
#340614 I have a 95 civic lx . Car had been running perfectly untill a couple days ago. When i turn on the car, the RPMS SLOWLY CLIMB TO 3,000 & it will sit there for a couple minutes n then drop to 1,000rpms.

Once it drops it ( revs ) on its own. Goes from 1,000-2,000rpms. This doesnt stop at all.

It only does this when i let off the throttle amd when im at a stop.

I was told to change the IAC valve but even after replacing it , this problem continues. Now because of this ive noticed that its causing me to lose fuel a lil quicker than normal.

Has anyone had this problem? Or know how to fix it. I dont wanna waste any money if its a simple fix.

Thanks
By TrailerTrash
#340615 after you replaced the IACV did you bleed the air from the cooling system?
By cali_king_eg8
#340616 Yes i did. Ok well heres the other weird part. After i had replaced the IAC , it was fine the i swapped out new spark plugs n wires ( 1st time i mixed up firing order but then got it back to normall) after that was fixed it began with the reving issue so idk what had caused it
By TrailerTrash
#340646 im with teal. you could have bumped a dry rotted vaccuum line or maybe even got the IACV gasket pinched just enough to cause a leak
By jefferydclark
#340742 vacuum leak will cause it to idle high the whole time. your problem is likely a faulty IACV(but you replaced that), a bad TPS or the FITV needs adjusting. the FITV(fast idle thermo valve) is bolted to the bottom of the throttle body. you take it off and take it apart. inside you will find a big white screw looking thing. screw that all the way back in. clean the FITV best you can and put it back in. coolant runs through this thing so you could have a little rust build up here and there causing problems..

do you have any check engine codes? your fuel issue may or may not be linked to your current problem.