New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By berserksinawali
#330369 Hello,
Someone stole the cargo cover from my 94 EG. Rather than buying a expensive replacement for it to be stolen again. I was hoping someone sells a pattern for a cargo cover that I could take to Tap Plastics and have them cut me a replacement out of nylon or plastic. I've tried to make a pattern for myself out of card board but I just do not have the skill to make it turnout right. Can anyone help?
By teal_dx
#330373 I've never seen a pattern available. I'd keep an eye out in the classifieds, craigslist etc. They usually go for $100 but I've seen people let them go for as low as $50.
By FG2_Andrew
#330391 could always see if someone would let you borrow one. then you could make a DIY for the rest of us cheap assholes :thumb:
By rustyrex
#330401 Find a woodworker. Its a simple shape. Me neighbor made a birch plug for me so I can mold a fiberglass one. He used 1" material and just routered out the shape. It fits and look exactly like my OEM one does, its just wood. He said he would have charged arount $150 to do it.
By TrailerTrash
rustyrex wrote:Find a woodworker. Its a simple shape. Me neighbor made a birch plug for me so I can mold a fiberglass one. He used 1" material and just routered out the shape. It fits and look exactly like my OEM one does, its just wood. He said he would have charged arount $150 to do it.

that is awesome lets see some pics!

would be so badass to go with a woodgrain theme like some people do. shift knobs, steering wheels, window cranks, and the whole woodgrain vinyl wrapped stuff. I bet youd be the only one with an actual woo cargo cover :thumb:
By rustyrex
#330436 I'm not using the wood plug as my cargo cover. I need a plug that would not warp like the OEM would. I am going to be making a fiberglass over. I need a way to get the ports of my box longer and I do not want to cut up my OEM cover. So I'm gonna make a fiberglass cover, mold the flares of my aero ports onto the bottoms so they fire up and wrap everything in black carpet and use grill cloth to cover the port openings.