New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By thenewvessel
#325338 Hi guys,

I purchased my first EG Hatch (First Civic in general)

Its a 92 DX Hatch with an f20B.

Last edited by thenewvessel on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By thenewvessel
#325361 Thanks :hehe:

I plan on first getting a new steering wheel (the current 6 hole detachable one is broken and about to fall off), converting the rear drums to LS Integra discs, and getting the rims repainted along with the body. Going with plastidip for sure.

I really want to do something about the drivers seat. Its torn on the butt part really bad.
By HaydenSI
#325362 I really like that color.

How does the F20B perform?
By thenewvessel
HaydenSI wrote:I really like that color.

Very nice. Best motor I've driven out of any Honda, which include the F22C1, B16A2, and D15/D16's that I've driven. IMO atleast. Its extremely responsive and gitty. Great acceleration.

It does has the following engine modifications though:

-F20B swap/ 5 Speed with LSD
-Intake
-DC Sport Header
-Apexi Exhaust (straight piped)
-Tuned on a chipped p28 ECU
-Skunk2 Coilovers
-New Fuel pump and filter
-Mishimoto Radiator
By HaydenSI
thenewvessel wrote:
HaydenSI wrote:I really like that color.

Very nice. Best motor I've driven out of any Honda, which include the F22C1, B16A2, and D15/D16's that I've driven. IMO atleast. Its extremely responsive and gitty. Great acceleration.

It does has the following engine modifications though:

-F20B swap/ 5 Speed with LSD
-Intake
-DC Sport Header
-Apexi Exhaust (straight piped)
-Tuned on a chipped p28 ECU
-Skunk2 Coilovers
-New Fuel pump and filter
-Mishimoto Radiator

I've been thinking about this swap. I have always been weary of it though lol. I'm a paint and body guy i knew enough mechanical to get me by.

would you suggest it as my first non OEM swap?
By thenewvessel
#325373 Ah.

I love the overall performance and straight forward process to the motor swap. The only downfall to the swap is the lack of aftermarket parts here in the states, however the H22 is a good alternative for most parts that are difficult to find.

I would go for it. Its an amazing experience and alot less common then the typical H and B series motors that are normally swapped in.

My EG was previously an Auto D15 and was converted to a Manual F20.
By kylenjdm93
#325381 dont forget the 2 tone paint job, re spray the bay to match the outside fix the interior then time to upgrade that hatch

lookin good! looks like you got a smokin deal :thumb:
By thenewvessel
kylenjdm93 wrote:dont forget the 2 tone paint job, re spray the bay to match the outside fix the interior then time to upgrade that hatch

lookin good! looks like you got a smokin deal :thumb:

Indeed :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!

I need to pull the motor/trans to get it sprayed and while I'm at it, thinking about doing a nice clean wire tuck to give it a clean look.
By Kingzboii
thenewvessel wrote:Thanks :hehe:

I plan on first getting a new steering wheel (the current 6 hole detachable one is broken and about to fall off), converting the rear drums to LS Integra discs, and getting the rims repainted along with the body. Going with plastidip for sure.

I really want to do something about the drivers seat. Its torn on the butt part really bad.

Ill be watching out for the update :thumb:
By 1ATony
#325837 Welcome to the site