New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By Mr. Focus
#319265 Heya gang,

My names Mick and i'm from the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia (for those of you who know/remember Steve Irwin "the crocodile hunter"....I live near his zoo!)

Anyways, I'm new to EG civics, but not new to Hondas or modding cars in general

I sold my latest toy (a Mercedes C180 Kompressor) to buy a house (and keep the wifey happy), but she allowed me to get myself another car. Unfortunately, i had a budget and it had to be cash. The upside is, i scored this awesome example of a civic. Its a 94 EG4 with a d15y7 (sohc 1.5l non-vtec), but i do have plans to drop a b-series engine in the bay later on.
By Mr. Focus
#319266 Anyways, here he is! (the missus has dubbed him Lightning McQueen)

By Mr. Focus
#319267 I couldn't work out why the headunit wasn't working, so i pulled it out. Pretty sure it needs to be wired in to work! I got to wiring up the unit and got thinking about the speakers. Luckily i checked them because they looked like swiss cheese!!! Next day at work, i had a play with the soundboard and chose the ones i thought best suit the application. I would love a set of Focals, but i feel i can push the $$$$ somewhere better for now ;)

This weekend, i'll give him a service as i'm not 100% sure of when it was last done

Old speaker:

New speakers:
By teal_dx
#319268 That's a clean hatch! :thumb: Perfect candidate for a B swap! Are those ROH wheels? I had a set of those 10 years ago and have not come across another set since. I think they are made in Aus so they're probably common down there. :?
By gtstripes
#319287 hello from canberra and nice hatch!! u work at supercheap auto by any chance???

keep the updates coming :D
By EJ1_MK
#319288 :welcome:
By Mr. Focus
teal_dx wrote:That's a clean hatch! :thumb: Perfect candidate for a B swap! Are those ROH wheels? I had a set of those 10 years ago and have not come across another set since. I think they are made in Aus so they're probably common down there. :?

Cheers mate! I'd love to do a K swap, but they're still waaaaay out of my budget. I'm sure a b18 or b20 will do fine ;)

Yeah, they are ROH rims. They were common before the massive JDM boom and now everyone wants the jap made gear....including me :D

Cl9junky wrote:Very very clean :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: welcome

Thanks mate! the previous owner looked after it really well. I cant fault much with the interior either
By Mr. Focus
familyEGuy23 wrote:looks like a good way to start :thumb:
Welcome :D

Cheers mate! It was the best example i could find for my budget and i'm very happy with it

gtstripes wrote:hello from canberra and nice hatch!! u work at supercheap auto by any chance???

Hey mate! Thanks heaps hey. I do indeed work for SCA. Were the speakers a give away?? hahahahaha

I'm hitting up Yonas from JDMYard for a list of parts shortly. Perfect xmas presents i reckon
By Mr. Focus
EJ1_MK wrote::welcome:

:thumb:
By onibakagaijin
#319366 Welcome and very nice..all these red eg's are killing my eyes on my monitor. Dang you all your awesomely clean red EG's :D
By gtstripes
gtstripes wrote:hello from canberra and nice hatch!! u work at supercheap auto by any chance???

Hey mate! Thanks heaps hey. I do indeed work for SCA. Were the speakers a give away?? hahahahaha

nah man i know our products ha ha, 3IC from gungahlin, Canberra here :P
By Mr. Focus
onibakagaijin wrote:Welcome and very nice..all these red eg's are killing my eyes on my monitor. Dang you all your awesomely clean red EG's :D

Cheers buddy. Red is seriously the best colour hahahahahaha

bigJOE671 wrote::welcome:

Very Nice Civic :thumb:

Thanks mate! :D