New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By Anjreu
#318240 What's up Civic-EG!!! My name is Andrew Vath, 18, I'm from Portland, Oregon and drive a Milano Red Ej1. The car has been in my family since it was brand new and when I graduated high school this year it was given to me. I've loved this car since I was a little kid...Unfortunately when My family moved from our small quiet town into the city of Portland the car was stolen in a couple weeks....Luckily we recovered the car and it still drives...But alot of parts missing.

I wanna return it to it's original state with all factory parts with the exception of suspension/brakes/engine...But since I wanna Kswap it I'll still say it has a factory honda engine ;) Currently I'm going to college so my build will be long, that leaves plenty of time for quality work.

Just a question, where would be the best places to find some of my oem interior pieces...I've searched using google alot but cant find the parts i need...
By chrono404
#318243 Welcome to civic eg, Alot of us Civic-eg's have extra parts lieing around, Junk yards will be a good source as well depending on whats missing.

I also recommend getting a few kill switches or a good alarm, or best yet both, thus helping keep your car yours.

If you get an alarm, pay extra to have it stealth installed, Don't go to your local best buy or car toys as they will make the wires super easy to get to. I defeated my buddys alarm in his delsol in under 30 seconds. This is not what you want for you car.
By Anjreu
chrono404 wrote:Welcome to civic eg, Alot of us Civic-eg's have extra parts lieing around, Junk yards will be a good source as well depending on whats missing.

I also recommend getting a few kill switches or a good alarm, or best yet both, thus helping keep your car yours.

If you get an alarm, pay extra to have it stealth installed, Don't go to your local best buy or car toys as they will make the wires super easy to get to. I defeated my buddys alarm in his delsol in under 30 seconds. This is not what you want for you car.

Thanks for the info man, Yeah although my car isn't in the greatest shape right now id still like to keep it from being stolen again. I saw a diy on here of something sort of like the ravelco and i sort of like the idea. I've been lurking all kinds of forums since i was in 8th grade haha, I'm just on my own now cause my uncles/cousins are older and not into the scene as much, but thanks for the greetings man! appreciate it alot
By GSRsedan92
#318247 Welcome man I live down by albany and have some spare parts so if u want u can pm me and we can discuss parts ur missing and see what's lying around man... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Anjreu
#318249 Sounds good man, thanks!
By EJ1_MK
#318329 :welcome:
By Punksz6
#318494 :welcome:
By Anjreu
EJ1_MK wrote::welcome:

Thanks man! Your ride is awesome! get those pictures fixed so we can check out your daily!
By EJ1_MK
Anjreu wrote:

Thanks man! Your ride is awesome! get those pictures fixed so we can check out your daily!

Thanks man, the pics are back up for the DD, not much to see there but it gets me back and forth.
By Anjreu
EJ1_MK wrote:
Anjreu wrote:

Thanks man, the pics are back up for the DD, not much to see there but it gets me back and forth.

Its still nice compared to alot of civics that are beat up though...Nothin i love more than clean quality cars.
By EJ1_MK
Anjreu wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:
Anjreu wrote:

Its still nice compared to alot of civics that are beat up though...Nothin i love more than clean quality cars.

Thanks its a work in progress now that the RC is gone
By Anjreu
#325173 What's up guys! Been a while since I've been on here because I've been busy with school and family stuff. Plus being on a student budget sucks hardcore!

My car has been sitting in this dreadful Oregon winter weather and I've been collecting parts because my EJ1 was stolen but recovered with the interior stripped....

I'm almost ready to get it back on the road again as I have plenty of parts to make it a comfortable daily again. A few problems I've got to tend to first though....So I've got an Oil Leak that I cant find. I wanna replace all my gaskets and was wondering where the best place to find all the gaskets are.

Also Im getting a pool of water in my trunk in the spare tire area. I KNOW the water is coming from the drain tube that runs from possibly the sunroof/roof and goes down and out infront of the rear wheel well...Anyone have a solution?

And final problem I want to tend to is my Cluster and AC controls. My Cluster lights are all burnt out and the speedo doesnt work properly...And I'm sure my heater/ac control lights are burnt out as well... I used to have all the links to these Diys and Fixes bookmarked but my last computer crashed :cry:

Can anyone shine some light on maybe my oil leak and pool in my trunk atleast?
By Anjreu
#325223 Okay so I've done some research and found diys for ac/heater controls and possible problems for my trunk.

Anyone shine light on a good place to get some new gaskets? Head Gasket/ Oil pan gasket?
By brandoff88
#325255 hello freind, best place for gaskets and seals, honda dealership, i found that in some cases stuff there is cheaper than autozone (needed new spindle nuts after i swapped, autozone gave me 29 and i needed 32mm ones, found out they wanted 15 plus tax apeice for em, went to the dealership, 1.50 plus tax each :thumb: ) check their first lol and i know some sites will sell oem gasket sets, that have valve cover gasket, head gasket, spark plug seals, dist o ring, and ect but ten to be a couple hundred bucks, havent looked at anything like that yet, though i should, i suspect i might need a few replacements, hope that helps.