New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By imawakenow
#314139 Hey everybody, I am new to the EG chassis but I also have a 91 CRX Si. The CRX is up for sale to fund work on the new ride. I picked up the VX mainly for the crazy gas mileage (and the back seat), but if I get bored with it I may drop a more fun motor into it. 8)

Anyway I've got my hands full with this one. I got it from a kid who had made lots of changes to it that are not to my taste, including a horrible combination of lowering springs and old blown-out shocks (Monroes, I think), and aftermarket gauge faces. I don't like the gauges and am trying to get at the cluster to switch 'em out for stock, but I am stymied by the clip on the lower left side. Anybody have any tips? :?

The headlights and the amber corners will be going, as well as the 14" rims. I'm going to roll with 13s, baby! The good news? It has GSR seats (cloth) in pretty good shape, except for a burn hole in the driver's seat (the ashtray also smells ... suspicious). Also has GSR front brakes which may not be set up exactly right. They stop strong, though ... it's actually hard to brake without chirping the front tires. Those are coming off so I can fit the 13s.

VTEC-E engine definitely sounds like it needs some work, but there's no leaks or smoking. Needs a new clutch, which I haven't done before but seems doable. Still driveable, it just engages really high. The front end is THRASHED -- it's hard to even keep it driving in a straight line -- but I did a lot of suspension/steering/front-end work on the CRX so I feel confident I can fix all that.

I am in the process of putting stock struts on it. Basically my plan is to take it all back to stock and get it running well before I do anything particularly crazy with it. Psyched about doing some cool road trips in the car and also psyched about becoming a member of C-EG!
Last edited by imawakenow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 86ccord
#314141 welcome man! post some pictures up!
By familyEGuy23
#314142 Welcome 8)
You got yourself a nice little gas saver definitely make a build thread and show pics :thumb:
Lil heads up 13 inch rims aren't going to fit to small for GSR brakes I had problem putting 14s but still possible
By Punksz6
#314147 :welcome:
By imawakenow
#314148 Here are a few pics. The hail damage on the hood is pretty glaring. It was there to begin with, and while the rex was taking up the garage during a brake job, a freak hailstorm came through and damaged the VX even MORE. :x

Thanks for the welcome!

By EJ1_MK
#314149 :welcome:
By imawakenow
#315338 Hey guys, I'm not sure whether I can post this here or not, but I'm giving it a shot. Can anybody help me figure out what's going on with these two items in my engine bay?

1) bracket coming off the intake manifold has a place to hold another hose, but there's nothing there.

2) hose coming out of the firewall just runs down underneath the car and STOPS. I saw this on another car at a junkyard, but it looks wrong.

???
By 92civic_vx
#315339 the second one is for the ac drain. :thumb:
By nd1983
#315340 i think that 1st pic the clip is supposed to be spun around and clip onto that wire loom
By familyEGuy23
#315341 Correct me if I'm wrong but think its for power steering or cruise control check my car later when I get home to confirm :thumb:
By 92civic_vx
#315347 power steering, my vx has manual steering so i removed it :thumb:
By imawakenow
#315386 You guys rock. Thanks for the quick responses. I'm glad to know neither of those things are cause for concern.
By Wolfsbain
#315415 Looks good. Don't look like there is to much damage and the suspension and clutch are both very easy.
By brandoff88
#315418 dang man clean starting point, sucks about the hail damage, but it does indeed look like the previous owner did take good care of it for the most part, and those guages....your right...not my cup of tea, but as said before welcome to the family and dont be shy to ask about anything, tis how i learned alot, specially from teal_dx aka brian