New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By dgl227
#299817 So, like the title says, I'm looking at buying my first Civic. I'm 19 from Memphis and a college freshman looking to save some money. Currently I drive a '00 F-150 V6 5-speed with 28k miles and get 12-14mpg. I wanted to start saving on insurance and gas so I started looking at my friend's '95 DX Sedan. It's got 219K on it, all stock, with the original d15b7 engine. The car runs great and I've driven it. New belts, oil, brake pads and a few other things. No A/C(leaks freon) and some scraps and dents on the driver door and no driver mirror. Driver outside door handle doesn't work along with one of the back inside handles. Needs paint pretty badly, too He's only asking 500 for it, and I think I can talk him and his mom down some. Not sure if I should go for it. I've really wanted an EG Sedan for a while.

Any input?

I should also add that I'm pretty technically capable and can handle a decent of off repair work. Anything I can't handle, my family's mechanic friend can. He worked at a Honda Dealer for years and drove the same model civic.
By TrailerTrash
#299826 500 sounds like a good deal considering what it needs. even more of a deal if u can talk him down some.
great way to get started :thumb:
By newyorkhatch
#299845 Deffintily grab that up. As long as it isn't covered in rust, 500 is a deal for a eg in my book.
By SkunkDcivic
#299856 if the rust isnt bad you can rub it out (surface rust) but try and talk them down if possible but 500 is a hell of a deal for what it is
By 1ACarlos
#299896 Welcome
By dgl227
#299935 Thanks for the input. :)

The car actually has no rust, which is a huge plus. The damage on it isn't bad considering what happened.

I'm a little worried about the mileage. I know it's a civic, but that's a lot.
By TrailerTrash
#299947 thats not alot of miles to me. I dont consider any D series high miles untill the 300K mark
By Punksz6
#299990 :welcome:
By dgl227
#300184 Well, it looks like I'm going to be getting it later this week. I'm really excited. Glad to know y'all think it's a good deal.
By 94Monster_626
#300191 congrats on the buy welcome to the world of civics :welcome: :welcome:
By dbrooks
#300204 Congrats! You'll love it! Even if the motor wasn't in good shape, it would be simple to find a new one and swap it in.
By 1ACarlos
#301456 Let us know how it went in buying it.