New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By edwin3211
#294397 bought this car dirt cheap was trying to flip my money around. coolant was leaking int #4 cylinder so i replaced headgasket in the process fell in love with car. it needs body work, but i dont know what to do i want to do a engine swap but at the same time want to get body work done. its got d15b7 engine but its not running right. help!!!
By dbrooks
#294400 Yeah man! That Honda bug bites hard!

Sounds like you got a good deal. I've found a lot of cars on craigslist and people think that a blown headgasket is the end of the world and they sell it for dirt cheap.

If you're planning on swapping a motor, I'd find a nice B18B1 out of a 94 or 95 Integra and swap that in. It's a quick little motor and the possibilites are almost limitless with it.

Go ahead and toss up some pics of your whip!

Welcome to the site :thumb:
By Punksz6
#294452 :welcome:
By edwin3211
#294588 thanks guys! i was really looking into b16 but i can actually get a b18a dirt cheap locally with tranny and all the stuff i need for the swap. i keep hearing that the ls tranny is slugish but i guess ill try it out cant beat the price. ill have some pics up soon of my baby!
By edwin3211
#294589 oh and by the way replaced head gasket but still smokes and has idle problem maybe adjusted valves wrong idles up and down when cold like it hunts but cant fine sweet spot. just put headers on it and #3 cylinder has oil got the head redone so im guessing rings. i think im just going to run like that till it warms up then do swap
By dbrooks
#294603 The B18 tranny would be more economical for daily driving, but for more aggresive driving, I'd get a GSR or B16 tranny.
By stubrun
#294710 Welcome to the site mate, as said pics!
By 1ACarlos
#294934 Welcome