New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By MegaRome
#282627 Just found this site and love the amount of good info that gets shared and the lack of bull between users.Great Site!

Finally got some money and after all this time dreaming of what to do to my car I'm not sure where i want to start...Starting my build, or actually i guess i should say i restoration/build since my 93 Civic Sedan DX has some issues that need to be addressed. Most of them are cosmetic ( Dont Text while Driving!!!)

Ride 1993 Civic Sedan DX (Auto Trans)
D15B7
Strange Cheeto smell... i blame my kids

Goals: just a Highway Hog with about 25-300whp...a nice passing gear...not much
Exterior-Subtle Body Kit, maybe just new bumpers,lip spoiler and skirts,wheels
Interior- Find out what the hell that smell is....new carpet, seats, replace rear seat
Engine:Mini Me Swap, or a complete B-Series swap, I need to keep the option for AC
Boost- Would love to find a Supercharger, but apparently Google hates me and the phrase 1993 Civic
By dbrooks
#282639 Welcome to the site! Throw some pictures up :thumb:
By chrono404
#282646 Welcome to the site.

If your looking for 250 to 300 hp at the wheel there are a few options.

1) Build a D16z6 for turbo, Forged Pistons and Rods, Stage 1,2 Cam and tune.

2) Swap to a Stock B18b(LS) and turbo it. Stock they can handle 300hp just fine.

3) Swap to an F22A(From Honda accord) and turbo it. This route is going to the cheapest of the bunch most likely, however with out a good deal of suspension mods and dailing in, it will be a straight line wonder only.

any of the three above you can stay automatic. That said I am not sure how long a honda Automatic will last putting 300hp down.

If your looking into new interior Leather seats from a Acura EL or 94-01 Integra Sedan will bolt right up and are awesome. This was the faverite thing I did to my sedan besides putting eiboch lowering springs on it when it was my Daily.
By Punksz6
#282675 :welcome:
By egbeegee
#282687 :welcome:
By egcivicboy
chrono404 wrote:
If your looking into new interior Leather seats from a Acura EL or 94-01 Integra Sedan will bolt right up and are awesome. This was the faverite thing I did to my sedan besides putting eiboch lowering springs on it when it was my Daily.

will these leather seats fit into a hatch also?
sorry to barge in on your thread...
By MegaRome
dbrooks wrote:Welcome to the site! Throw some pictures up :thumb:

Image Dont Text and Drive lol!
By MegaRome
#282768 @chrono404

Thanks for the Options. I actually just walked past a LS in the Junkyard about weeks ago.They sell complete motors for about 200 so thats the way im gonna go, I can rebuild it on a stand and not lose my car for a few days ( or weeks if i mess something up)

Didnt Know the Seats would bolt right in. Thats a good deal for me cause I usually drive long distance between gigs and as cool as the Recaro seats look i dont know if they could handle a 10hr drive lol
By dbrooks
#282792 Recaros are definitely nice. They're just expensive. You could get some GSR leather front seats. Those are comfy and can be found inexpensively. They looks nice too.
By MegaRome
dbrooks wrote:Recaros are definitely nice. They're just expensive. You could get some GSR leather front seats. Those are comfy and can be found inexpensively. They looks nice too.

Have to search classified for those, will they bolt right in or will i need the rails from the GSR too
By dbrooks
#282804 Find some with the rails and they'll bolt right in. People usually won't take the rails or anything off. I like them a lot though.
By 1ACarlos
#283543 Welcome to the site
By Hatch-O-Doom
#284415 Welcome, and I hope you get her fixed soon!