New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!

Do you like your exhaust tone deep,noisy or silent?

67%
N/A
33%
By JDMFanboi
#273749 Right here we go!!
This topic is for people who want know what Exhaust is and how it works or
for people who just wanna refresh their memory.
KEY POINTS IN EXHAUST IS THE PRESSURE THE LOWER THE PRESSURE THE HIGHER THE HP

1-Exhaust is the part of the engine which extracts burned gasses and heat emissions from the engine block,it is comprised of pipes and parts,namely:
O---Headers
O---Down pipe
O---Catalytic converter
O---Muffler

pq--Headers are the first pipes which are connected to the engine it has different types of shapes depending on which engine you have the have soft curves to reduce air pressure.

pq--Down pipe is the simple,lonely pipe that connects the headers and the Catalytic converter together.

pq--Catalytic converter is a cylinder type structure which converts harmful,toxic gases into more....safe gasses... :roll:

pq--Finally what every ricer loves!!! THE MUFFLER!!! it is also a cylinder-like structure which does what the name says...it muffles out the noise..
some people like different tones of the exhaust for appeal

THOSE ARE THE BASICS!!!
Now what is to be noted if you want to replace your exhaust system

0-be sure to buy a durable material exhaust system
0-NOT to remove the catalytic converter as it is illegal in some countries
0-NEVER to change your exhaust system if you have a stock engine because it might get you uneven RPMs (Revolutions per minute) bad!!
0-Always go for the least pressure exhaust.

Thats about it ask me any question related to engines and stuff,hope you enjoyed it :thumb: