New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By swackillox10
#257950 Hi everyone,
I'm fourteen and I'm going back to the states for the summer.
In the past few weeks I have fallen in love with the idea/concept of tuning up hondas. and the EG was a clear favorite. But there's a problem, I live in singapore, I'm a US and Canadian citizen and i have a home in the states but singapore isn't really the best place to have this interest. I return to the states on sunday/tomorrow singapore time, to Bellingham, Washington were I'm afraid there is almost no JDM scene.

What do you recommend that I do to learn as much as possible about JDM/Mechanics/Tuning?
I've been thinking about buying maybe a broken d15 or something just to mess around with.

thanks. :)
Last edited by swackillox10 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By swackillox10
#257954 Thanks haha
I have a feeling I will be using that "let me google that for you" thing quite a bit :lol:
By teal_dx
#257956 I'd read up on a lot of forums and people's builds to see what they put into their cars. Find some local cruise ins or car shows in your town and check out some well built civics in person :thumb:
By swackillox10
#257957 thanks, i'll keep my eyes open for honda meets in the area. :)
By andrew2siik
#257958 the best way to learn anything is: get your hands dirty

you can read all you want, but until you are forced to learn something physically.. it just isn't the same.

if you want an eg civic. i suggest start saving now and find a solid base. after you've got that, do you! and don't let others make decisions for you.

welcome buddy! (and i'd edit that intro with something more personal) :thumb:
By dbrooks
#259350 i've learned most of my stuff from reading on this forum.
By RWMIII
#260175 once you actually get the car everything will finally make sense. you will be able to see, feel, touch, and do all of the things that you have been reading up on. it totally changes the whole game. and once you do get those Honda keys, the bug will bite you 10x harder than now!! :thumb: