New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By 1ACarlos
#251184 Welcome to the site
By Ecc0
#251235 Hi there Andy sorry mate gonna just correct you on the mini me swaps these are the combination of 2 different engines top from one and bottom of the other the idea is to create more low compression which is a better base if you want to go turbo.

The best way to build a mini me is use the bottom end from either an esi like a d16z6 or y8 or if you can find it a d16b2 (better torque)

Then for the top end you need to get hold of the head from a 1.5 vtec engine like the d15b2 from the del sol vxi

This will then give you the best of both worlds, a low comp single cam vtec engine which is sweet fir boost.

Hope this helps you
By choness2004
#251328 Thanks for that guys, will look into it when I have a few more funds and see where I stand. Seems like something worth going for!
By andyc
#251331 ah, I thought he was just talking bout whacking a Z6 or Y8 head straight on his current bottom end for some basic vtec....
By Ecc0
#251334 Oh maybe I miss read this then but thats how I've always know a mini me and the Frankenstein engines to be based
By andyc
#251335 that sounds like the right way to do it lol
By 1ATony
#252252 welcome to the site