New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By stres732
#241717 WHATS UP CIVIC-EG, NAMES CHRIS BEEN ON CIVIC-EG FOR SOME TIME NOW, DONT REALLY POST BC I SEEM TO FIND ALL MY ANSWERS BY SEARCHING, BUT IVE RECENTLY CAME TO A HALT ON MY PROJECT, OK WELL I DRIVE A 93 HATCH WITH B18B WITH B16 TRANNY NOW HERE'S MY DEAL I HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET A H2B SWAP FOR DECENT PRICE, SO WHAT IM REALLY TRYING TO GET IS OPINIONS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO, SHOULD I BUILD MY B SERIES FOR TURBO OR GO WITH H2B? REASON Y I ASK IS BC IM NOT REALLY TRUSTWORTHY OF BOOSTING RATHER GO ALLMOTOR, I DONT KNOW GUES IM CONFUSED , ANY WAY MONEY ISNT AN ISSUE AS EVRYTHING WILL BE DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME NO HALF ASS WORK, ANOTHER POSSIBILITY WOULD BE TO GO LS VTEC FOR NOW THEN BY WINTER TIME BOOST. ANY WAY THANKS AND SORRY IF I POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE.
By stres732
#241723 9 views no opinions... : (
By teal_dx
#241726 welcome to the site! I think the caps lock might have scared some people away :P
THe main question is what are you going to use the car for? is this your daily driver, gutted out drag car, auto-x car, weekend toy etc... An H series is going to put extra weight over the front, slightly decreasing your car's agility. It doesn't really matter for drag though. And if it's your only car as a taily driver, you may want to think 2x about boosting because problems will arise eventually...
As far as performance goes, either route would be an excellent choice. :thumb:
By stres732
#241734 yea sorry about the caps lock..lol, well this would be more a weekend driver not my dd..good points you have about turbo problems thats what makes me want to stay away from it, im just really confused thats all lol, might go with the h2b as i want to go allmotor more then i want boost, thanks for the reply teal, by the way that diy page is great everything i have done to my car was by checking out the diy links :)
By dbrooks
#243142 H2B would be sweet. Im not really seeing a lot of it, either. I say do it! :thumb:
By teal_dx
#243165 hey why does your location say NJ since you're from OH? Represent :woot:
I'm trying to get OH population back up in here... we used to have more members than Cali :hehe:
By chrono404
dbrooks wrote:H2B would be sweet. Im not really seeing a lot of it, either. I say do it! :thumb:

h2b is awesome, on a hatch you will have to have your hood lifted in the back.

I really really wanted to do it in my Delsol, However with the delsols I dont have the hood clearence to pull it off. If I had a Hatch I would be Rocking JDM H23 VTEC with a H2b kit and b16 EM1 Transmission.

My Sol is simliar to what your hatch duty is, Its a Track/Mountrain Run/Weekend Car. Very Rarely does it do Daily Driving, with the main exception being its a nice sunny warm day and I want to drive with no roof.
By 1ACarlos
#243331 Welcome to the site
By Ajax1989
#243356 go h2b

a compelet h22/23 with trans only weights 35lbs more then a
compelet b16/18/20 with trans its proven on hater-tech

with ls vtec u can run into problems with oil and spinning bearings
if not built right

i say h2b finally answer

and welcome to the site

oh and teal, cali rules :P
By stres732
#243888 @teal originally from New Jersey, moved to Ohio about a year ago. Yea i pretty much made up my mind on the h2b def going to go with that swap, plus i already have a b16 tranny.

everyone thanks!! this sight has been one of my favorites as far as people and information goes.

hey anybody in the Youngstown Ohio area?? Could use some help on this swap, its going to be my first one, this wouldn't go down untill august i want to say, gotta save up first!!
By Punksz6
#243928 Welcome. :)
By OleFolk
#243979 Welcome to the site
Always happy to see someone else from ohio here
I might just switch my NJ to Ohio as well, I like ohio better...

Do whatever you want with your car just be careful ordering parts lol
H23 hatch would be so dope 8)
By stres732
#244787 what part of ohio are you in? close to youngstown by any chance :D

could use some help..
By stres732
#245004 @teal do i sense a little bit of interest in helping :thumb:

:?