New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By kingvanillabean
#225356 okay i am 16 i jut had my first car go out on me it was a 1991 i scraped it for 85 bucks i got it for 250 but o well i will be buying my uncles EG sedan its a 1.5 d series it running on 3 cylinders i think it needs a new engine? but any ways i am getting the car for 500 i just need to find the rite engine and i want to learn how to swap it any suggestion were to get it? :roll: :?
By Ajax1989
#225358 hmotorsonline.com(aka hmo) or a local import wreaking yard(if ur lucky lol)

hmo is a really good place to get motors from
but the question is what motor do you want?
a D serise or a B serise?? or anyother serise??

and welcome to civic-eg.com
lets see this sedan when you get it :thumb:
By kingvanillabean
#225359 thanks and i am turning 17 next month i am gonna want something quick but if i change from a d series wont i have to change the trany and all that aswell?
By Ajax1989
kingvanillabean wrote:thanks and i am turning 17 next month i am gonna want something quick but if i change from a d series wont i have to change the trany and all that aswell?

you can pick up a d15b vtec from hmo farily cheap, it wil bolt up to ur trans you have now the only thing you would have to do is wire up vtec which is real simple, there are pleanty of peopl here on this site to help you if needed

the d15b vtec is a nice strong motor wit balls for a lil d serise
my friend has a bone stock d15bv in his eg coupe and it take LS intgras and LS swaped ek coupes lol (LS is a b serise)
By kingvanillabean
#225361 damn that's tight but yeah ive been eyeing this civic since i was 9 and it will be mine on the 6th after i get paid i think 500 is pretty cheap but the motor im a lil ify about :woot:
By 93cxhb
#225365 Welcome to the site
There is a well known shop in the Seattle/Kent area it's called Intecracing (253) 872-0872. The people who work there know there shit. The problem is shops are expesive I'd call them to see if they can locate a motor.
By kingvanillabean
#225402 Okay thanks I'm just wanting to get a jumpstart on my career choice and for some of my hobbies to lol
By 1ACarlos
#225486 Welcome to the site
By Chance
#225926 I used to visit Tacoma alot. Racked my nuts on a bike once riding around on the hilly streets lol ( I was 10). Cool place! Welcome to the site!

ps: Pikes Place FTW.