New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By hambone089
#219318 Whatsup guys, I'm josh and i live in Columbus, Ohio. I have a 95 hatch. that girl (the cars name is Brooke, long story, lol) started her life as a cx, but everything ahead of the front seats is out of a 94 si now! its got the d16z6 vtec engine, the bigger brakes, and it even came with power steering! i do mostly city driving, so that was rough on the cx that didn't have it. anyways, i havent upgraded a whole lot since i am going to school and dont have a whole lot of money. i am in school to be an auto tech, and currently work for a toyota dealership (drag).
the first thing i did to my civic after the engine swap was building a custom cold air intake. i wish i had been on the forum at that point, i would have done a how to. i took pics of the process, but they ended up somewhere in cyberspace. after that i strapped a cherry bomb muffler on it to get a nice purr rather than the normal... nothing sound civics have. then i found an amazing deal on some enkei rs6 rims. i paid 200 with tires that lasted me about 15k miles. just got new rubbers on there for the winter, i cheaped and got the kuhmo ecsta ast. hopefully they'll be good for autox coming up this spring. thats my goal with the car, and the main reason im joining the forum. i want to use this winter to get geared up to race the street touring class here in c-bus.
i will definately do some how tos when i get new parts, the build is going to include new shocks and springs, a new clutch and short throw kit, rear disk and overall brake upgrades, and an actual catback exhaust system.
cant wait to get started and see what you guys have to say.
By teal_dx
#219321 Welcome to the site from another OH member and another auto-xer! I used to run STS but now I'm boosted so I'm going to get whooped in SM next year. It's all for fun though :thumb:
By hambone089
#219346 hell yeah man. this is gonna be my first year autox-ing. do you race in the ohio valley region? maybe we'll see eachother sometime.
By 1995db7
#219359 welcome aboard
By OleFolk
#219362 :welcome:
Gotta love ohio
Maybe we have another member to incite an ohio meet
By teal_dx
hambone089 wrote:hell yeah man. this is gonna be my first year autox-ing. do you race in the ohio valley region? maybe we'll see eachother sometime.

I raced with NORA and ASCC in the Cleveland/Akron area