New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By dbd6604
#205694 What's up everybody. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Ethan, I'm 21, and I live in IL right on the Mississippi. Up until a week or so ago, I had a Granada Black Pearl 96' BB1...and then it was taken from me in a car accident. I'm looking into Civics (mainly the EG/EH chassis) because they are aesthetically pleasing, insurance on one will be cheaper than my BB1 was, and they'll be pretty quick once I drop my H in. :D

I'm a new to Civics for the most part, but I'm very well versed in Preludes (4G and 5G's, somewhat familiar with 3G's, but I don't know jack about 1G and 2G Preludes), so if anyone has any questions regarding Ludes or H/F series motors, feel free to hit me up.
By VerLee24
#205709 eg civics are also obdI so no emissions in illinois :D so we can do pretty much whatever we want with them. :woot:
By dbd6604
#205710 Yep. Hopefully I can actually get this all done in the next few months. I have the motor/tranny/harness obviously...but I'll have to use an OBD2>OBD1 conversion harness and hunt down an OBD1 P13 or just run a chipped P28/P72. Still waiting for Progressive to come look at the car and tell me it's totaled... Browsing in the mean time... And Illinois is boring, but like you said...we can get away with anything in the world of automobiles. lol
By VerLee24
#205711 eh its not that boring over here in chicago.

so you're going to buy back your car and swap the motor into an eg shell? fun
By Chance
#205746 Welcome to the site. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :thumb:
By dbd6604
#205775 Yeah, I'll be buying my car back on a salvage title and parting it out to make some money. I'll be keeping the motor/tranny/harness/ECU of course.