New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By Slow EG
#192312 Hey everyone. Just joined the Civic world as of Wednesday.
To give ya a bit of info on it:

5 speed
D16Y7 motor
D15B7 head and intake manifold
Spector intake system
Needs paint job but its burgundy
Interior clean but stock

Thats about it, alot coming soon.

This pic is before the Specter intake^^^^^

Hoping to upgrade soon to oje with a tach.^^^^

Hope to learn much from you veterans !!
Laterz
By forcefedEG
#192345 welcome to the site... theres a few va members on here 8)
By Simmons
#192347 welcome :woot:
By Dippin_EG
#192350 Welcome!

you sure thats a b7 head?
By Slow EG
#192484 Thanks for the warm welcomes. Happy to know there are a few people from VA here.

Dippin_EG - Well i think so i was told it was a d15 head off the original motor that was on the car. And if im not mistaken the d15b7 motor was on the dx of 92.
By Chance
#192536 Welcome to the site!
Dude that paint looks good unless the pic doesn't really depict the paint... Love the color. :thumb:
By Slow EG
#192556 lol yea that paint only looks good cuz of the picture. It has lots of scratches and clear peeling in some spots. But atleast the body is straight.
By Dippin_EG
Slow EG wrote:Thanks for the warm welcomes. Happy to know there are a few people from VA here.

Dippin_EG - Well i think so i was told it was a d15 head off the original motor that was on the car. And if im not mistaken the d15b7 motor was on the dx of 92.

the only reason i ask is because the d15b7 head has the spark plugs arranged on the back of the head, not in the front as pictured... id say thats a d16y7 swap, i have it as well :thumb:
Last edited by Dippin_EG on Sat May 08, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Punksz6
#192608 Welcome! :thumb:
By Slow EG
Dippin_EG wrote:
Slow EG wrote:Thanks for the warm welcomes. Happy to know there are a few people from VA here.

the only reason i ask is because the d15b7 head has the spark plugs arranged on the back of the head, not in the front as pictured... id say thats a d16y7 swap, i have it as well :thumb:

Correct the car did have a d16y7 swap, but the intake manifold on the y7 is up firing not side like the one in the pic. Whats a good way to find out what head and intake is on the car??
By Ajax1989
#192678 that looks like the b7 intake manifold, and prob a d16y7 swap, do you know if its a obd1??

oh welcome to the site
eg sedans ftw!!! :thumb:
By DontHateonEG8
#192679 yay red sedan brotha!!!!
some people keep the y7 mani. its still should be iterchangable with z6 for sure and most likely y7/y8 heads - kinda cheaper way to do a mini me swap.
By Slow EG
#192690 On the OBD stuff, im not sure have not really looked. how would i find out what OBD is on the car? Is it checking under the dash for example like the obd 2 plug?
Everything else on the car is off the 92 dx. Like the tranny and ecu and the drums :( looking to do the rear disc conversion soon.