Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Reevear
#89744 been searching all over the place for measurements for a 93 del sol engine bay.

first time putting in a core support dont really know how to or what to do to get it aligned. was wondering if there were like measurements of how it should be or if there was like a thread that broke it down on how to put it on.

i did my searching before asking.
help me out. thanks
By Reevear
#89752 anyone
By Reevear
#89762 needing help like crazy
By Classiccarsrule85
#89765 well i guess if its a used support id try my best to match up the holes where the spot welds where.....but if its a new one id try and eye it your best bet would be to put the hood latch on tac the support into where you think it will look best like it should. and then just take the hood and see if it latches correctly this will help you figure out if its too far to one side or not and then if that works test fit a fender and the bumper to see how they match if it looks good finish welding it in....its mainly about fitment here correct placement comes after you figured that all of these are these tests come out good. I did the one on my si hatch by eye made sure it was level n stuff like that and it turned out great.
By Reevear
#89766 whenever i lift the hood up on the driver side it hits like pops off and of the fender towarsd where the window is. say one side is in to far how do i push it back out and what not. so its best to take the fenders off?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/fl ... G00157.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/fl ... G00158.jpg

this is what im workin with..
if i can get as much detail as i can on how to fix it the better
like i said first time doin it :D id like to make it look good.
By Classiccarsrule85
#89780 yea definately best to take the fenders off as the first bolt up front at least on the hatchest goes inbeteen the core support and the side wall sheet metal....and there is i think 2 spot welds there....

now if one side is over too much you could slowly tap it with a hammer to get it into the correct position....now im assuming that you meant the sheet metal on the sides like where the fender attatches too....

but if you mean the core support is too far to one side then you need to grind the spot welds n retac it n see how it fits then
By Reevear
#89792 ah i gotchta.

say i tac welded the support to one side. how would i go about gettin it to the other side or w/e. to make it lign up. should i have someone just push the side to the core or what?