Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By {EG} JAY Ride or get rode
#62459 for $500 think that is a good deal? should i do it right now in my del sol i have a d15b2 and it smokes like a mother fucker in higher rpms and it has hella oil in the spark plugs like i pull the spark plugs and there is just hella oil in them and it just drips off it so i was thinking it was a good deal my sisters bf wrecked his hatch wrapped the rear end into a tree so the motor is fine the hood opens and everything so just looking for some opions im just looking for a somethin a lil better till i can afford a bseries motor so yay or nay? advice is helpful
i could also get my d15 rebuilt for 500 but i gotta take it to the machine shop so that will cost money and i have a vtec head for it and the ecu and dissy on it are for the vtec head so i only get bout 15 miles per gallon right now cuz i have single non v so just some advice would be great thanks
By Classiccarsrule85
#62716 Well for one you are not getting shitty mileage because its a non-vtec Its mainly because the engine is f'ed up or somethign your not burning fuel correctly etc. I would go back to the D15's ecu....your engine may not be bad but the ecu is telling the engine to innitiate vtec and there is no vtec in the higher RPM's so thats why it is smoking the engine is putting more oil throughout its systems thinking it has to

Pretty much and since I dont think you should have a B yet I say you should just stick with the D though you should take it easy on the rpms....or it will happen again

But i think the ECU is your main problem distrib should be ok.
By {EG} JAY Ride or get rode
#64252 i have already had a eg hatch with a b17 in it and a hatch with a b16