Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Classiccarsrule85
#62210 I am working on helping a friend repaint his DelSol. and I am having trouble getting the rear panel off.....The licence plate panel. I have all the bolts off however there are two clips studs it seems near where the licence plate hooks up too. I am unsure how to undo them so I can get that panel off.....

Also what emblems will fit will the 97 Sol will regular civic ones work...since I am totally unsure. Since I am mainly a hatch guy this is one of my first Sols....(not to say I havent taken the interior out alot on a few lol.....
Thanks ahead of time
By WannaBe
#62212 I'm guessing u got the 4 corner bolts, there's one more in the middle below the trunk latch
By Classiccarsrule85
#62215 Yea I have gotten the corner bolts and the one underneath the latch unless there is two there....
By Kaeon
#62260 I just posted about this on teamsolfl

On the inside of the trunk where the purple circles are there is two nuts that are round, you need to use vice grips to get them off this is what is holding it on still.
By Classiccarsrule85
#62276 Ok thank you very much yea I was wondering how to get those off they are really stubborn.....

Any idea on the emblem situation? will civic ones work or are they Del Sol only?
By Blk95coupe
#77636 So after you repaint it you want to put emblems back on?

If so yes any emblem will work but getting the Del Sol ones would just be some much more cooler :thumb:
By insigma
#89795 trunk emblem is not the same as the hatch..
the trunk is rounded on the sol and so is the emblem..
By trustdestruction
#101392 for the emblems you could always do what i did...
s2000 black/chrome emblems. On the front emblem you just drill the bumper holes a little bigger. On the rear, just cut the tabs off the emblem, and stick it on there (the double sided tape it has on it is STRONG)