Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Greasedmonkey
#65326 How you gonna open the truck now from the outside??? Oh noes!!
By Kaeon
Greasedmonkey wrote:How you gonna open the truck now from the outside??? Oh noes!!

Open the truck? Put the key in the door and twist :lol: As for the trunk I can open it from the inside. Plus I plan to get key less with a trunk popper.
By Kaeon
#65442 Image

By Kaeon
#66008 Newest Toy's

By Kaeon
#66020 Image
Didn't like the way these came out so I'm going to redo it.

Removed old filler

Used US Chem Thin Ice to refill.
By shak3yb0n3z
#67980 wow!!! this thread is definitely coming along!!! The body is one of the next steps on my car, and i know jack about bodywork. I'm starting to learn though...

as for your bumper, one of the body guys at my work showed me a cool way to shave your bumper.

cut out a piece like you did, use a torch and heat up the plastic (don't put the flame on the plastic) and use a flat tool to melt the 2 pieces together. once it cools off it's one piece and won't crack or fall out. :)

keep up the pics!!! the sol is lookin good!
By Kaeon
#68387 Went back a redid the trunk with the new blocks. Shit came out smooooooooothhhhhh wish I would of used these on the rest of the car. Oh well.

Put all new studs on the rear.
By KRYSTED9354
#68399 Hey, nice DEL SOL, we are just finishing a 95 Si in our shop , I'm wondering if u had a PROBLEM with the REAR BUMPER MOUNT rusting out ? and if, what was your solution ? thanks
By Kaeon
teal_dx wrote:lol that's some pretty intense packaging for a block kit

Hell yeah Dura-Block is pretty good shit, I just picked up a few of their guns

KRYSTED9354 wrote:Hey, nice DEL SOL, we are just finishing a 95 Si in our shop , I'm wondering if u had a PROBLEM with the REAR BUMPER MOUNT rusting out ? and if, what was your solution ? thanks

If you mean this, no mine was fine. The car luckily has minimal to no rust. Had a small bit of surface rust here, and there that I took care of already, but that was about it for rust. Now the hood that's another story lol

By KRYSTED9354
#68518 No sir im talkign about the part thats CONNECTED to the REAR bumper,

oon honda magazine its called, BUMPER BEAM. just wondering if u had rust prob. as we did and had to make the mount as its costs 58$ at honda LOL.
By Kaeon
#71565 Image
I now have a driver side window that works!

New Cluster with my old (Damn near flawless) cover = Clean!

I also did some performance mods today. I think I got around 30 more hp.

Coilovers are on the way :shockdance:
By Kaeon
#71759 Image

Battery Relocation. Going to 2K Prime, and paint to match the car.
By Gorveatt
#71761 So... what will you do if your battery dies :lol:
By Kaeon
Gorveatt wrote:So... what will you do if your battery dies :lol:

I'm going to have terminals outside the car.