Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By TheMeaningOfLife
#54824 First sorry if this in the wrong spot, i chose what made most scence.
Alrighty i signed up here with the intention of selling my car and buying an EG sedan. Well that all went to hell and now im looking at a friends old Del Sol. OK my current car is a 99 Olds Alero (haha yea i get it) that has absolutly nothing wrong with it, i just spend 300 on wheels and 100 on a new head unit, its only prob is it gets 18mpg around the city. Now the del sol im looking at is in need of some work, but its mostly cosmetics. It has a 100k mile LS swap with a 70K mile GSR tranny in it. The body has 190K on it and its shows. Its been painted bright yellow and has black bumpers. It also has rust under the doors. The only mechanical things are it needs a new clutch slave cylinder(if thats it) what does that do exactly? He wants 2500 to 3000 for it. Should i stick with the olds, try and find a differnt EG or buy the del sol.
By teal_dx
#54829 the rust could be a problem... you mean it is on the bottom of the doors or below the doors coming through the sill/lower side panel area?

bolting on a new door is easy, the body rotting through is not good.

Slave cylinder is an easy fix, it's bolted on the outside front of the tranny, engages/disengages the clutch.
By TheMeaningOfLife
#54921 No its rusting under the door on the body. I have a friend that can fix it, (supposidly)

I have more plans now, would a flat white del sol be a sin or no?
By thecrow
#55721 flat white would look good. put flat black rims on it and youll be set