Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By B18cDelSlo
#39235 Ok I'm looking at buying some defi gauges for my del sol. I can't find a pod that will work. Does anyone have ideas on where to put them? Will have boost, oil temp, and oil pressure. Pics would be nice if you have them. I've heard people talking about taking the driver vent out and putting one there.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#39238 Had one VERY similar for my '93 Civic, would HIGHLY recommend it, glowshift's products are for the most part good quality as well.

The black is hot man, it blends in seamlessly if you do it right and doesn't look too far from stock, not like some massive 5" Tach on your dash :hehe:

What I always thought would look hot is matching your gauge cluster lights to your aftermarket gauges, I had gauges that lit up red and was going to order super bright red LEDs to put in my cluster, uniformity FTW.
By B18cDelSlo
#39239 so it's good quality? How is fitment? you have to drill?
By B18cDelSlo
#39241 I might just do some custom stuff and remove some vents. But I don't want to. ha

Got too much going on at one time. Gonna be a crazy modding weekend in march.

Supercharger
wilwood 12.2in brakes
headgasket
timing stuff
moroso oil pan
gauges
hasport mounts
Shift linkage
probably more stuff i'm forgetting

I have everything but the brakes so far. Just waiting on them and the weather to warm up. :-/
By BAXTER_EJ1
B18cDelSlo wrote:so it's good quality? How is fitment? you have to drill?

Fitment is good, the material that covers the bottom of the A-pillar hides the seam on the bottom for the most part, the only seam between the two pillars you can see sometimes is near the very bottom, looking in through the windshield, right by the VIN, but it's minimal.

I chose to put screws, I wouldn't trust double sided tape, there is a bit of flex to the pod pillar and you have to apply a bit of force to have it mold to the stock A-pillar. You could flush-mount the screws and put some plastic grommets over top to hide them in the same colour as the pillar, I've seen it done that way and it looks clean.

Some people like to keep it as stock as possible, the gauge pod pillar definitely looks aftermarket, but it's not very intrusive, it's all up to your taste.

Check out the thread with pics of custom gauges, there are some neat mounting positions in the place of the climate control or the head unit...
By black94sol
B18cDelSlo wrote:http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=324

found this but looks cheap :-/

that will work, but ONLY if you have USDM Visors. JDM visors have a different pillar panel.

JDM Justin
By B18cDelSlo
black94sol wrote:
B18cDelSlo wrote:http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=324

found this but looks cheap :-/

that will work, but ONLY if you have USDM Visors. JDM visors have a different pillar panel.

JDM Justin

got the one from gaugepods.com, it's the ONLY full replacement pillar pod for the del sol. $70 price tag but hopefully it's worth it. Some guys on solsociety.com are using it and say it's great. and I don't have jdm visors so i'm ok.

http://www.gaugepods.com/honda.html