Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By stelios
#284245 It's a little pointless...and very expensive. Could spend the money in better areas IMO.
By Apexracing
stelios wrote:It's a little pointless...and very expensive. Could spend the money in better areas IMO.

In reality its neither, Going 5 lug gives you a stronger bolting point, bigger brakes, and more options for wheels. You need a suspension setup from a 5 lug integra, knuckles, arms and all related brake parts. Might be a few more things, but there should be other threads on here if you search.
By Trippsol
#313083 Its totally worth going 5 lug if you've already takin care of more important thing first. There are definitely alternative things to do for the price. I agree with the post above, it allows you to run bigger brakes, huge brakes even, and more rim options.

Things you need, dc2 upper and lower control arms, rotors, calipers, brake lines, and brake booster would be recommended.
By HagerSol
#324884 My buddy has spacers that you bolt to your 4x100 and it has 5 extended studs at 5x114.3. $100 5 lug conversion...boom
By teal_dx
#324890 One benefit to 4 lug is that 4x100 wheels are lighter than 5x114.3 wheels.

HagerSol wrote:My buddy has spacers that you bolt to your 4x100 and it has 5 extended studs at 5x114.3. $100 5 lug conversion...boom

Aren't those an inch or so thick? That would mean your wheels would stick out further, limiting what wheel would fit.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:One benefit to 4 lug is that 4x100 wheels are lighter than 5x114.3 wheels.

HagerSol wrote:My buddy has spacers that you bolt to your 4x100 and it has 5 extended studs at 5x114.3. $100 5 lug conversion...boom

Aren't those an inch or so thick? That would mean your wheels would stick out further, limiting what wheel would fit.

unless you run very expensive wheels :thumb:

But hagersol when your buddies wheels just fall off i will laugh my ass off. It will look something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMDNzhfwn0
By josh93coupe
Apexracing wrote:
teal_dx wrote:One benefit to 4 lug is that 4x100 wheels are lighter than 5x114.3 wheels.

But hagersol when your buddies wheels just fall off i will laugh my ass off. It will look something like this.

You will laugh until his wheel flew into you causing a accident or one of your other loved ones...
By Apexracing
josh93coupe wrote:
Apexracing wrote:

You will laugh until his wheel flew into you causing a accident or one of your other loved ones...

I just assume its not a daily. Other wise why would someone be so careless.
By rustyrex
#324953 I find I hilarious that Honda enthusiasts are the only ones who seem to have issues with wheel spacers. I ran spacers on my qx54 and my f150. Both truck were lifter and both had 30s. I never once had a issue. I know a crap ton of people with 24s and bigger that use spacers with no issue at all. So, its either installer error or a really crappy part.
By Apexracing
rustyrex wrote:I find I hilarious that Honda enthusiasts are the only ones who seem to have issues with wheel spacers. I ran spacers on my qx54 and my f150. Both truck were lifter and both had 30s. I never once had a issue. I know a crap ton of people with 24s and bigger that use spacers with no issue at all. So, its either installer error or a really crappy part.

Spacers with extended studs attached to them is not a good idea, Trucks use bigger hubs and bearings bro. Spacers in them selves put more stress on the bearings and axles. added that most people dump their hondas and "stance" them out and your really compromising safety here. Bottom line is you get what you pay for i guess. But itr parts are by far the best way to get to 5 lug.
By rustyrex
#324957 Have you ever seen or attempted to lift a 30" rim and tire? Ever spacer I have used has had the studs built it. People just need to be smarter than the average bear. ARP sells studs. That's all I did to mine was switch the studs. You are correct that trucks have bigger axles and bearings. However we are talking about wheel spacers/adapters so the point you made is moot. I completely agree that is he wants to go from 4 to 5 lug he should definetlyuse itr parts.
By Apexracing
#324958 [quote="rustyrex"]Have you ever seen or attempted to lift a 30" rim and tire? Ever spacer I have used has had the studs built it. People just need to be smarter than the average bear. ARP sells studs. That's all I did to mine was switch the studs. You are correct that trucks have bigger axles and bearings. However we are talking about wheel spacers/adapters so the point you made is moot. I completely agree that is he wants to go from 4 to 5 lug he should definetlyuse itr parts.[/quote

My point is spacers are good for that extra 5-10mm of clearance i suppose but its usually easier to get the correct offset the first time. But the axle and bearing reference is a good point because there is no comparing trucks to honda civics. And yes my dad had a ford bronco with 36" super swampers on it. And i've changed a tractor tire a few times. Shits heavy!
By teal_dx
#324962 If you do go with wide / lug conversion spacers (with the studs build-in)...
1. Be sure to pay the extra $ to get hubcentric.
2. Buy quality like H&R, not cheap china parts on ebay.
:thumb: