Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By del sol-dm
#278219 I have a 94 del sol I want to do a swap but i want to buy a motor but my friends r tellin me to buy another car that has a swap and out it with mine and then sell the other car . What do u guys think I should do ?
By RWMIII
#278225 depends on what you can find for the money. It would be easier, and possibly cheaper to get an already swapped eg and swap it all into the del sol, and put your del sol stuff into the eg and resell. The already swapped car would have most if not all of the parts needed for a complete swap.
By del sol-dm
#278237 But I can get everything I need when I order the motor and I know it won't be beat on
By poorman type-r
del sol-dm wrote:But I can get everything I need when I order the motor and I know it won't be beat on

Sounds like you answered your own question. Just do the motor swap. :thumb:
By RWMIII
poorman type-r wrote:
del sol-dm wrote:But I can get everything I need when I order the motor and I know it won't be beat on

Sounds like you answered your own question. Just do the motor swap. :thumb:

:thumb:
By HagerSol
#324885 I bought an eg with a b18b for $1000, took the motor an parted the eg out for a cheap motor that I could actually test first. If you can't test the motor I wouldn't pay more than scrap value ever. Remember you need del sol vtec shift linkage if you are rocking a d. $285 new from Honda or get someone to weld custom ones...just go to Honda lol
By Apexracing
HagerSol wrote:I bought an eg with a b18b for $1000, took the motor an parted the eg out for a cheap motor that I could actually test first. If you can't test the motor I wouldn't pay more than scrap value ever. Remember you need del sol vtec shift linkage if you are rocking a d. $285 new from Honda or get someone to weld custom ones...just go to Honda lol

If you buy from a reputable place like hm motors then you have nothing to fear. And there is a risk to purchasing a used motor but there are several things you can do to test it out and check it out to make an informed decision.