Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By austenjanzen
#275933 hey guys, so i am looking at buying a japenese right hand drive del sol

its got the stock engine i believe its the d16z6 it has vtec but sad thing it its an automatic

so well ive already checked online i can get a k20 vtec engine full swap for $1200

the thing i would like to know is whats the best kinda shitz to buy for a del sol, ive owned a 92 si a 88rhd crx and 92 dx and i didnt mind the shitty coilover setup i was running.
first car was skunk2 struts with skunk2 sleeves and my crx was stock struts with umm ground control sleeves and now this civic is running koni reds with skunk2 sleeves

i know in my brothers silvia he had run tein and now some unknow that i can think of japanese shit cuz it came across 6 months ago, and i find all of fhis real coilovers fell rougher then mine

once i buy this car first things im looking for is coilovers so if someone could let me know what they liked on there del sol that would be greatly appriecated.

also whats a k swap like? never done a swap in my life, ive only helped my brother pull a ca18de and drop a ca18det in but never halped on anything else so

what kinda problems will i run into with a k swap into a del sol?
any modifications i will need to do?
push firewall back? make better engine mounts? space?
if anyone has done or knows let me know

also looking at doing a wire tuck on the sucker so if anyone has done some wire tucks especially k20 please comment on here.

not looking at hiding the slave cylinder and brake booster and shit cuz i like the way its on the back of the firewall

and its right hand drive whicih im pretty excited about and it will only be the 2nd del sol in town now well there was 2 already but the girl sold hers so im looking at makin this pretty greasy since my city is all bout drifting and going fast in a straight (drag track)
By chrono404
#275938 A K Series swap isn't the easiest swap to do to a Honda but will not require any fabrication. You can buy the mounts and a Plug and Play wire harness from Hybrid Racing. on Hybrid Racings website is documentation on how to do the swap.

Skunk 2 suspension is a Race setup. it will kill you on the road. As long as you know that a good setup for the Track. I'm going to get KSport Coilovers for my Delsol to replace my Tokico Blue's as one of them blew and one is on its way there. KSports can be awesome track struts, however turn the stiffness down and its much more streetable.

You should also look into getting a bigger rear sway bar. 15mm works awesome, however it will give just a pinch of over steer which is perfect IMO.

One thing to note is the RHD and LHD Chassis are different. There was a Honda tuning article about a guy who did a K swap to his UKDM EG and had lots of little issues from the differences in RHD and LHD Chassis. Its doable, just wanted to throw that out there from the start, Everything above this paragraph is refering to a LHD Chassis as thats all I know.

As mentioned in your other post K20a.org is a good resource for K Series info with tons of crazy builds in EG's. The EG bay and the Sol bay are 99% the same.
By austenjanzen
#275968 thanks for the reply, i also found a b16a2 from an 88 crx the guy is selling for cheap so i might just go with the b series but im not the guy whose all bout the power, i would really like a cheap car on gas and alot of reliability which k series seems to have alot of pop and still good and reliable..

theres a guy who had a type k20 and it ran bone stock 13.8 with a 6spd tranny but we all know its ridiculous for $5300 for the swap so a regular k20 will do me fine and it would be dope in my opinion

also i know one kid in town is running form function coilovers and loves them on his ej1 so i guess it will decide what i got for money and whats a good pick
By austenjanzen
#276016 full b swap but except axels for $750
or a k swap from jdmsoucre with warranty for $1200
By RWMIII
austenjanzen wrote:full b swap but except axels for $750
or a k swap from jdmsoucre with warranty for $1200

Here's what im talking about aside from the motor/tranny/ecu that is needed. http://www.hybrid-racing.com/tech/k-ser ... arts-list/

Not as plug and play as b series.
By austenjanzen
#276035 alright well thanks for the help guys

even though its lookin like a new zit on my ass im still leaning towards the k swap lol
By austenjanzen
#277263 Image

alright heres the future del sol, just waiting for my uncle to look at it for me as i am 7 hours away from the guy dont wanna make the trip and be screwed on car seems good

all 100% stock only down side you guys will see its automatic but that wont last long lol oringal engine and with 115000km targa top not convertible which im happy about

looks like i will be making a very good build here as i have the greasiest plans for it lol so by next summer im hoping it'll be done and all painted
By austenjanzen
#277271 also has anyone on here

done a del sol with an 92-95 eg front end conversion?

im looking at doing it myself but what kinda fabrications am i gunna have to do or wiring? thanks guys
By chrono404
#277563 I have not done it as aside from the JDM ITR front clip, the 93-95 Sol front clip is my Favorite.

However it has been done before. The only people I met that did the swap bought delsols with front end damage and swapped a EG clip on it due to ease of finding them vs a sol front end.

However Need EG core support, Fenders, Headlights/corner lights bumper and hood.

If your going to put an EG clip onto a Sol, please use Coupe/Hatch parts. The Sedan front clip just isn't cool. Especially on a Sol.

That Sol your looking at looks like it was originally from Japan as it has the Automatic climate control. Something we never got as an option here in the States. Short of the paint, it looks like a really good start.
By austenjanzen
#277697 yeah the climate control im happy about, and he sprayed painted it becuase the guy before sprayed painted it gold lol and put a body kit on it, so ill have a swap