Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By akkord_22
#257288 i have a 94 del sol vtec b16a3 which i just bought iv been a member of here for a while but dont post much..

im asking a question today.

the car has 207k its had a hard life but im resurrecting it.
it idles at like 300-500rpm after it warms up..my hatch does this too is this normal? for high milage or wat? or wat is wrong.. please help im tryin to have another del sol vtec alive and on the road..as you guys know theres not to many around anymore.

thnx
By faztec1
#257442 You should go ask at teamsolcal.com those people in there are a very active community and can get you quick responses. They are very knowledgeable on the Del Sol
By teal_dx
#257449 Yeah normal should be 750-800 rpm. has it gotten worse since the weather has been warmer?

You might want to try cleaning the FITV (if equipped) and the IACV. If that doesn't help then try cleaning out the throttle body. Things can get a little gummed up with high miles like that. :thumb:
By akkord_22
#257499 well i put 2 can of seafolm thru it when i pulled it from the weeds.. i wish i had a pic of it brakes were sittin in the ground from sinking for a yr..
any ways my hatch started doin the same before i sold it i can feel/hear the motor like having a hard time idling? no idle surge but anyways im $4k deep in the sol so im wanting to get this issue resolved fast...im rebuilding the motor this winter but for now it needs to run which it does but i hate the feeling of IS THIS THING GUNNA DIE?