Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Presol89
#226356 I did some searching but couldn't find anything on this topic. I know it's a common problem with the earlier del sols, but there is water leaking through the window moldings right into my seat. Last I heard at the dealer it costs about $5-600 including labor. my question is does anyone know of any alternatives? Or has the price possibly went down??
By Datsmart
#226367 Honda changed the top of the wind shield gasket in 1995. They do not leak like the earlier models.
Is that what the dealer is replacing for the 5-6 hundred dollars?
By chrono404
#226402 I heard that the Pre-95 Delsols didn't have as good of Seals. I am not sure if the replaced the seal on the body or if it was the seal on the Targa Top.

I know on my 95 it has pretty beefy seals on the body itself.

I would try applying armorall to your seals to help freshen them up. When I was driving my sol I armorall'd my Seals probably every 2-3 Weeks.
By Presol89
#226559 Yea it looks like there's cracks in the rubber where the water just comes in. And yes its the rubber seals that they will replace for 5-600. They supposedly put the newer seals on for this price. But I really son't want to spend that much on it...
By beerys95lx
#235925 just buy the seal your self and put them in just do it the same way they came out
By Buzzy
#236471 Or if there is any +95 del sols in your junk yards, you could grab some that are in better condition than yours and try that..?
Honda sells a type of paste that is specially made for those seals.. and it works really good at refreshning them up. Makes them look and feel brand new lol
BTW its called "shin etsu".
By Presol89
#236539 Cool thanks guys...I'll give it a shot. My back brakes just went out now :( and the e brake light is on :?