Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Xyreth
#202386 I have speaker problems and a funky door lock mechanism on the passenger side of my sol, and I can't figure out how to get the bleepin' interior panel off. I am being hung up by the handle and trim inside.
I've searched, but just turn up a bunch of completely unrelated threads. I am sure somebody has the know how, or possibly just a better repair manual than the chilton's (which covers freakin' way too many different models to be of any use on specifics....) that I am using?
thank's all for any advice!
By Xyreth
#202393 never mind. figured it out. for anyone else with this problem: unclip the cover behind the handle, unscrew the screw, then slide the whole handle and trim assembly forward and then pull out. mine was kinda stuck a bit, and it came after wiggling at it a bit more. standard rod clips on the back side.
By OleFolk
#202408 or just get really angry and you will figure it out

or you can research before you ask :?
By 1updelsol
OleFolk wrote:or just get really angry and you will figure it out

or you can research before you ask :?

maybe he did.
By dro21
#202568 dont get mad while working on your car you might end up breaking something expensive.
By NanoCar
Xyreth wrote:I have speaker problems and a funky door lock mechanism on the passenger side of my sol, and I can't figure out how to get the bleepin' interior panel off. I am being hung up by the handle and trim inside.
I've searched, but just turn up a bunch of completely unrelated threads. I am sure somebody has the know how, or possibly just a better repair manual than the chilton's (which covers freakin' way too many different models to be of any use on specifics....) that I am using?
thank's all for any advice!

DIY manual like the one I have the haynes repair manual would help. Just be gentle man.. everythin' gonna be fine.. ~ :hehe:
By fatcoupe
#218279 must be common with a funky lock on passenger door, i have to unlock it twice when using my key