Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

How many Sol owners are on here?

67%
33%
By jdmsol_kid
#140412 NEW.. n yes. i do have a sol. :thumb:
By GSRSI
#167789 i own a sol and a hatch so im hapy.. i got both worlds :lol: :thumb:
By WhitEG2
#181099 My del sol handles awesome!. I have owned a teg a eg coupe and hatch and my sol by far is the best handling one. Its all about setup and quality of parts.
By {ikon}EM1
#181108 I wish I had one.... :( there's always one at the track that I go to. And its sooooo clean on sportmaxx wheels.....
By jemm
#206084 i have one.... and dont have any complains about it....
By jayEGR
#206093 i wish i had one tryin to buy one :thumb:
By Presol89
#225317 The handling sux on mine...but she needs an alignment and axles so that could have a lot to do with it :p. But hey I'm new so you should check out my ride thread!!
By chrono404
Presol89 wrote:The handling sux on mine...but she needs an alignment and axles so that could have a lot to do with it :p. But hey I'm new so you should check out my ride thread!!

I'm sure an alignment will fix your Issues. My 95 Delsol Si is the best handling car I had, Which given the fact This is my 5th Civic and some of my Prevous ones include a EK Hatch on Full suspension should give this some weight.

I LOVE my Delsol. I have always wanted one, and now that I have one will try to keep this one forever.
By the-hag
#229450 Mine handles awesome, lots of feedback to the steering wheel (like any good eg) little body roll even with the TT, and totally predictable. Winter has hit hard in Ottawa tho so coilovers + little weight = maaad understeer. With any luck, come Spring I'll have the engine from my hatch swapped over, and with a few more suspesnion goodies and some fresh fluids, it'll be like winter never happened! :thumb:
By Datsmart
#229495 Del Sols handle so well because of their rigid chassis and low center of gravity.
To make up for the Targa top, Honda made them with a very large tunnel down the middle of the uniibody. They tucked the shift linkage and exhaust in that tunnel. The extra weight of the large tunnel gives the Del Sol a nice low center of gravity which is always nice in a road car.
A nice feature is the targa tops built in roll bar over the back power window.
It also has what we used to call "Hard Top Doors" with a wing window to help support the glass. The Integra would have done well to copy this.
By the-hag
Datsmart wrote:Del Sols handle so well because of their rigid chassis and low center of gravity.
To make up for the Targa top, Honda made them with a very large tunnel down the middle of the uniibody. They tucked the shift linkage and exhaust in that tunnel. The extra weight of the large tunnel gives the Del Sol a nice low center of gravity which is always nice in a road car.
A nice feature is the targa tops built in roll bar over the back power window.
It also has what we used to call "Hard Top Doors" with a wing window to help support the glass. The Integra would have done well to copy this.

Neat I had never heard of the centre tunnel in the unibody, good to know. Think its big enough to hide nitrous tank in??? hahaha that would be mint!