and Alaska too!
By rrait
#319853 Hi all,

as i am trying to make a legal swap to K20a i need to know if in canada there were civic eg-s available with 1.8 (b18b1 or something like that) engines in the shops.

I have all sorted out, but here in estonia the L can increase only 20% so. If currently european most powerful engine is 1.6 then + 20% is 1.92 which means i cant put 2.0L engine in it. And they are not willing to make an exeption to exeption. :( Power can increase 30% (not a problem 118kw +30% = 153kw) and the weight can increase/decrease 10% (both engines about the same weight, so no problem here also). Engine has to be mounted to factory mounting location - no problem.

So it would be good to if someone can confirm that u had 1.8L stock civics (1992-1995) in shops. My civic is also canadian. Its come a long way through NY to Estonia.

Giving VIN code would be great! This is probably one of the ways to show those guys that 1.8L engines were made. They can check the VIN in database, and then allow the swap. Also some contact email of dealership or factory would be good.

I have already contacted some factories, but havent got any positive feedback. Currently waiting Canadian Honda factory to reply my problem.

Hoping to hear positve news.
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#319873 You cannot byu a 1.8 Factory EG. What most people do is swap in a B18B1 oe B16 or B18C into their EG's making them a 1.8, 1.6, or 2.0 L cars...
By rrait
#319878 i know, but thought maybe some canadian models were 1.8, like they have ballades in South Africa.

To make it legally, i need a civic with stock 1.8 engine in it. Maybe some jdm versions.?
By nd1983
rrait wrote:i know, but thought maybe some canadian models were 1.8, like they have ballades in South Africa.

To make it legally, i need a civic with stock 1.8 engine in it. Maybe some jdm versions.?

nothing sold here, Canada, with a 1.8 in an EG. biggest was a 1.6.
By chrono404
bradleyg wrote:None of the 5th generation civics (1992-1995) came out of the factory with anything bigger than a 1.6L

except for the ballades in South Africa.

They had b18's in them.

No way getting around that unless you claim your eg is a ballade.
By rrait
#319949 if i could make them understand (official answer from factory) that civic eg is same thing as ballade sr4. Then it would be fine.

Thanks for the help!
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#319971 You do realise there is nothing illegal with having a non factory motor right? You can Drop in a B series, H series, K series, even a J series for god sake and it wont change the fact that its not illegal. All depends on how you drive it and get along with the cops.
By chrono404
1992HondaCivicHatchDX wrote:You do realise there is nothing illegal with having a non factory motor right? You can Drop in a B series, H series, K series, even a J series for god sake and it wont change the fact that its not illegal. All depends on how you drive it and get along with the cops.

Not in Canada, however he lives in estonia
By rrait
chrono404 wrote:
1992HondaCivicHatchDX wrote:You do realise there is nothing illegal with having a non factory motor right? You can Drop in a B series, H series, K series, even a J series for god sake and it wont change the fact that its not illegal. All depends on how you drive it and get along with the cops.

Not in Canada, however he lives in estonia

Yeah. but in estonia, almost every car has to pass an inspection there brakes, lights, emissions, axles and so on is checked. + in my hometown, there is a cop who has owned EG and knows most details about this car.

I have already swapped 1.3 to 1.6 dohc vtec. i know some things about swaps.