and Alaska too!
By teal_dx
#14201 So members to the north... does this sound accurate to you? lol

Canadians use marijuana at four times the world average, making Canada the leader of the industrialized world in cannabis consumption, a recent United Nations report found.

The 2007 World Drug Report by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime says that 16.8 per cent of Canadians aged 15 to 64 smoked marijuana or used another cannabis product in 2006. The world average is 3.8 per cent.

In the report, Canada ranks fifth in the world for marijuana use, behind Ghana at 21.5 per cent, Zambia, 17.7 per cent, and Papua New Guinea and Micronesia with 29 per cent each.

Cannabis accounts for the bulk of global drug use, consumed by 160 million people.

In 2006, about 200 million people, or five per cent of the world's population aged from 15 to 64, used drugs at least once. Of those, an estimated 25 million had drug dependencies.

The report found that Canada also had a high rate of usage for cocaine, at 2.3 per cent of population, ranking it third behind Spain and England.
Continue Article

For the other top three drugs ? heroin, amphetamines and ecstasy ? Canada was near or under the international average for usage.

The UN report found that overall, drug usage around the world is relatively stable for the third year in a row.

"Overall, we seem to have reached a point where the world drug situation has stabilized and been brought under control," said the report.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/07/ ... ml?ref=rss
By york62
#14203 go canada ?!?!
By ChicagoMike
york62 wrote:go canada ?!?!

Yup!Image
By ohDirka
#14209 i had heard that from someone last weekend guess its true
By Frenchy
#14388 Yes and no...

The percentage is based off our population, which intern yes we smoke alot of pot, but where USA has 300,000,000 people living there and california has 36,000,000 alone in 2006... The number of 'users' is greater, but the mass of population keeps it looking like a low percentage.

Canada only has 37,000,000 people, so we have more usage then the usa per capa... But come on, have you tired BC bud? :thumb:
By york62
Frenchy wrote:Yes and no...

The percentage is based off our population, which intern yes we smoke alot of pot, but where USA has 300,000,000 people living there and california has 36,000,000 alone in 2006... The number of 'users' is greater, but the mass of population keeps it looking like a low percentage.

Canada only has 37,000,000 people, so we have more usage then the usa per capa... But come on, have you tired BC bud? :thumb:

BC grass...FTW!!
By ohDirka
#14442 havent had BC but ive had canadian...its damn good
By 93TX_COUPE
#42266 Orange kush and snow cap ftw!!!!
By york62
#42383 Thats some funny shit
By stefan
#43101 Funny, over here it's legal to smoke weed, but we aren't even in top 5 of marijuana using :lol:
By BAXTER_EJ1
stefan wrote:Funny, over here it's legal to smoke weed, but we aren't even in top 5 of marijuana using :lol:

Probably because your youth are smarter than ours :roll:

The fact that it's illegal and makes them "badass" is a big selling point I'm sure. They've actually come out with a lot more information lately about how hazardous to your health it can really be, food for thought.
By smokinsoljah420
#72494 :x rub it in stefan you bastad!! lol i wish it was legal here lol. i still smoke the fuck outta it lol! :twisted:
By BurqueB16
BAXTER_EJ1 wrote:
stefan wrote:Funny, over here it's legal to smoke weed, but we aren't even in top 5 of marijuana using :lol:

Probably because your youth are smarter than ours :roll:

The fact that it's illegal and makes them "badass" is a big selling point I'm sure. They've actually come out with a lot more information lately about how hazardous to your health it can really be, food for thought.

Actually that "information" is biased and probably false. real food for thought is THC, the active chemical in marijuana, is naturally produced in the brain, also how can it be that hazardous if there are no carcinogens (cancer causing agents) in the smoke!? or i should say vapor, as in a smokeless bong that heats up the plant material to a certain degree where the THC evaporates and becomes harmless vapor. similar to a humidifier. its only when you put the flame to the plant material that it releases the carcinogens. i beleive if people were properly informed then cannabis would be legal. but since its still illegal the gov is free to spread lies to the masses, such as that it "causes men to have women features and women to have male features" true story, they told my mom and my little brother this at a drug counceling class. my lil bro said "no way! my brother is the biggest stoner you'll meet and he doesnt have man breasts!" :lol: but seriously people need to realize just because your gov says something that doesnt make it true.

and back on topic BC bud is the BEST!!!
By Sentry
#73094 I don't smoke weed to be bad ass, I smoke for the relaxing high. Helps the laws aren't so crazy as they are in the States. :?

We're probably 5-10 years from legalizing it, maybe.