Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin
By mi_da_dc_eg
#46248 We are going to have a BBQ/Cruise/Hangout event for west side xceed members and sport compact enthusiasts on Saturday, April 26th at Grand Haven State Park. The park is easy to find and right on the beach with a large parking lot and grilles for cooking. There will most likely be a fee to park in the state park, but it shouldnt be more than $5 (I dont think) SO BRING CASH!

We are still discussing a few things, but we have the date and location set. We will begin the BBQ at 11 AM and probably hang out for the afternoon. After we get bored, we can all cruise over to Modified FX/Allspeed Performance to check out the shop and hang out. Details of the open house will are in the works as well, perhaps with some dyno runs.

DISCLAIMER:

DO NOT come to this meet if you can not control yourself in your car. We have not had an event like this on the West side and we will not have asshats ruin it by revving, playing loud music, doing burnouts, or just acting like idiots in general. The GHPD are constantly patrolling and it only takes one person screwing up to get us all hassled and thrown out of the park. If you cause us to have to leave, everyone will laugh at you

Another thing I am going to put out there is no alcohol. I know the park has restrictions on it and Im not positive what those are, but I think we would all be better off to save the boozing for Saturday night. That way we can keep this a family-friendly event and look better to the public and the cops- the less reason we give them to hassle us the better.

I will start a signup sheet so that we know how many members to expect and from there we can decide who will bring what. We will need things like hot dogs, buns, chips, drinks, snacks, etc. But lets find out how many people are coming first and work from there. I will update the first post as more people sign up.

I am really hoping that this will be a reality and we can all have a fun, safe, responsible saturday meeting some new people and checking out some sick cars, as well as the awesome facilities at Modified FX and AllSpeed performance. Lets work together to make this event a success!
By Chance
mi_da_dc_eg wrote: If you cause us to have to leave, everyone will laugh at you

OOOR :x :chair:

Big meets/bbq's are fun, as long as everyone is respectful! Good luck with the meet! :thumb:
By mi_da_dc_eg
#46268 Thanks!
By BAXTER_EJ1
#46281 Fucking Ontario and it's lack of meets :x

Wish I could be there.
By mi_da_dc_eg
#46297 haha sorry man.
By MI_excoupe
#46437 i am going to be here as well.. there are meets/bbq's in detroit each year but this is going to be the first one that is hosted on the west side of the state so were hoping for the best turn out possible.