Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin
By teal_dx
#323703 Interesting graphic from the paper today about the 513 people who were murdered in Chicago in 2012. Here's the pro tips:

1) Don't be a man. 91% of victims were men.
2) Don't be black. 76% of victims were black.
3) Don't be in the city in March, May or August. 31% of the murders were committed in those months. December is OK though, only 4.8% of the murders occurred in that month.
4) Learn to dodge bullets like you're in The Matrix. 86% of victims were killed with a firearm.
5) Don't hang out in Austin, Englewood, Chicago Lawn, Newcity, Woodlawn, or Greater Grand Crossing. Those areas make up 7% of Chicago's communities but account for 29% of the murders.
6) Don't be between 13 and 39 years old. 82% of victims are in this age range.

There's also a strong correlation with time of day as well, but this graphic doesn't spell it out. Basically, don't be out between 11 PM and 3 AM.

By Flatland_EG
#323713 And Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, go figure. :eh:
By Skillachie
#323730 i'm just gonna avoid Shy town all together, but if its just 11pm to 3am i could chance it :thumb:
By JUICE
#323731 I'd say 99% of those killed did society a favor by getting killed.. Probably saved us all millions in the long run.