Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By slowj1
#120541 So I bought my first civic about 3 months ago to drive back and forth to work since I have a 45 mile round trip to work and since my other car gets about 15 mpg a civic was a good choice since it's been getting about 38-39 mpg which is an upgrade to say the least. I had the car about 3 days and i hit a pothole doing about 70 mph and blows out the front tire and bends and cracks one of the 17s on it which i find out later that no one has and the manufacture doesn't make anymore and they are going out of business. I go to plan B and i find some used 15" GSR fat fives with tires on craigs list for $325. I get them home and roll them into the garage and wait for my day off to put them on the car. In the mean time I take my motorcycle to work and leave the car on the street. A couple of days later I get up in the morning and get ready to install the new to me wheels. I open my garage and find a blank spot where my civic used to be. I had the car excatly a week when it got stolen. So i go crap now i'm out of $1900 what do i do now. Well pretty much hope my car gets recovered with as little as missing as possible. Well good news came my way when i get a call 5 days later saying they recovered my car. So long story short I DRIVE my car home with the stereo head unit 2 speakers and the intake missing off the car and the 3 17's with the spare still on it. Since then the car has grown on me. It's not much of a project car like the other cars i've seen on this site but more of a daily driver.

Thanks for reading, Shaun
By slowj1
#120544 Image
By Vti93T
#120545 Welcome to the site..dang what a story..at least you got your car back in one piece
By teal_dx
#120549 clean coupe, I like the fat 5's on there. Unfortunately, it's going to stand out even more to thieves now. You just can't park civics outside these days without worrying about them being gone later. :(
By spiritR
#120553 i still worry bout my car even tho its on jackstands and no motor lol....thats a crazy story glad you got it back tho fucking thieves oh and welcome
By Ajax1989
#120568 damn man thats is some badluck
but atleast you got it back :thumb:
and it looks good

i lock my car up in my garage everynite and i still worry bout it..
By Punksz6
#120672 Nice coupe! :D I think thats the only thing that sucks about owning a Honda is that ur never safe....I just met this guy who got his coupe stolen when he went to the mall....Come on now how low will thives go!! :x Harworking people who have joy and pride of what they do to there car's....Man it pisses me off that there are people out there that do these things....I have a lot of parts for my car that I don't know if I want to put on because of things like going to the store coming out and not finding ur prized possesion!! Man theres alot of people out there with these stories and some with good turnout and other not so good!! But u know what if u are a true fanatic they can't keep u down!!
By matt is (eg6)
#120752 looks good bro.... there is a cop in oklahoma got his boosted k20 hatch stolen so look at it this way atleast it got stolen before you spent alot of money on it lol..... I fucking hate stupid people that cant work hard to get their cars built
By slowj1
#120777 well lucky for me i just bought the car and put no money into it.. I just had to spend money to get it out of impound, put a new stereo in it, new alarm system, new intake and I changed the locks in the doors so i know for sure i'm the only one with the key but definetly a good investment. The only improvement i did was to get rid of the 17's and put the 15's on it. handles better and a lot less road noise for the tires. well i did take the ugly euro tails out of it and put stock tails in it, it looks so much better. Again thanks for reading and the compliments on the car.
By ZzZ.8.ZzZ
#121192 Can someone please tell me why everyone from cali that owns a civic has it so damm clean????? I def need to move over there....Fu&*^% Florida people!, is like civic paradise in the west.

BTW, clean ride...welcome to the site.
By mistergou
#121193 looks good! glad you got it back! :thumb:
By slowj1
matt is (eg6) wrote:any plans for it???

No not much planned for the car. I already have a project car which is need of a paint but I may look into some simple bolt-ons that i like. I wanted a front lip but the bottom of the bumper already hits my drive way and the car is already 5" off the ground. I may throw some fogs on it and some small engine mods for the Z6 but other than that not much else.
By doitpropa
#122640 car looks real clean glad u got it back :woot: if only every stolen car could b recovered...