Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 94civickid
#116546 well as you can see i decided to keep the d16z6 but now here is the question what is a good turbo setup? i was thinking of getting the bolt on turbo kit from greddy but im open for opinions. i know that with the greddy kit it is set at 6psi for stock internals. but if im spending the coin on a build im just gonna build it. now should i still beef up the internals even with the greddy kit incase i wanna boost more? or should i just slap it on? sorry bout the long post but i have never had a boosted car b4.
By Chance
#116562 IMHO you should ALWAYS build your motor because You WILL want more psi

SOHC FTW!!!! :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
Chance wrote:IMHO you should ALWAYS build your motor because You WILL want more psi

ohhh yea trust me no matter what you will want more power but for right now what i would do is make your own kit.....

Get a hf manifold,cx/vx/std make an adapter plate or get one for probaly a T25 turbo since those are nice small and great for low boost setups and fabricate lol check out homemadeturbo.com
By Vti93T
#116632 I say a fully built motor is a happy motor :wink:
when I wanted to turbo my d series I was going to fully build it and get a greddy turbo and then boost about 18psi..woot but running on the street I'd run lower boost for sure :)
By chrono404
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
Chance wrote:IMHO you should ALWAYS build your motor because You WILL want more psi

ohhh yea trust me no matter what you will want more power but for right now what i would do is make your own kit.....

Get a hf manifold,cx/vx/std make an adapter plate or get one for probaly a T25 turbo since those are nice small and great for low boost setups and fabricate lol check out homemadeturbo.com

homemade turbo FTMFW!

Made a Home made Turbo kit now. Boost your z6 and get it tuned. Then while you have a fast car, pick up another z6 block/engine. Install Forged Rods and Vitaras. Arp Rod Bolts and Head studs.

You know have a Bottom end good for 600hp or so. When you get a chance swap pull your engine and swap in your built block. Head to your tuned crank up your boost and make some big numbers. :thumb:

Getting and installing a Turbo cam would also be a good idea while your engine is apart before your retune on more boost. :thumb:

That was pretty much my plan before I decided to go with Nitrous instead. I was going to make a Turbo-Nitrous Build.(when boosted a 25shot gives about 50hp) Until I got mad at my car and sold it. Still at times I am very tempted to do it on my Sedan as I still have most of the parts needed to do it.
By 94civickid
#116665 yea i was planing on doing a build but my problem is that where im located i really dont know anyone that can give it a good tune.
By Classiccarsrule85
#116706 well with 6psi you could hard tune it.....with a cam gear fpr and stuff like that its not like your gonna boost it to 15psi then you need to start heading into a electronics tune and stuff like that.....but with a hard tune you can run decently and you wont kill your motor or so i was told