Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By fordbronc399
#116415 So i just bought my first civic 2 weeks ago. its a 1995 EX coupe with a gsr swap. i was thinking the other day and wondered if this generation of civics came in a SI version. if so what was in it and how rare are they? thanks. "THE NEWB" Dillon
By Chance
#116417 No eg coupe si homie..... heres a link with general info.. browse the forum and ask questions you'll love your eg :thumb:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=306
ChicagoMike wrote:A two-door notchback coupe, which shared its 103.2-inch wheelbase with the sedan, debuted for 1993 and was offered in DX and EX trim levels. The DX was outfitted the same as the DX hatchback, and the EX coupe had the same features as the EX sedan, including the 125-horse engine and power moonroof. An option package for the EX coupe added a passenger airbag and high-power stereo with cassette player. The EX sedan had a few more items added to its already generous standard features list, including air conditioning and the high-power sound system with cassette player.

By Vti93T
#116418 However sir, you are wrong. There is indeed an eg coupe si. However, they only came in Canada. There's nothing special about them really, they are just an EX here.
By Chance
#116419 Canada, eh? :P
By fordbronc399
#116457 Thanks for the info everybody. Somebody i met last weekend at Kansas City International Raceway at Import Face off had a EG coupe with the little stickers on the lower part of the quarter panels that said "SOHC VTEC" but appeared to be an EX like mine so it got me thinking haha.

But the more i drive my car the more i love it. I ran it at the drag strip that day against 3 different cars. First race was a EF civic sedan, super ugly haha, with an LS swap that i just walked on. Second race was a H22 Prelude. I got a bad start but still won with 15.3 and he ran 15.8. My third race was a Lexus IS300 and i ran a 14.9 and he ran a 15.6.

Keep in mind though this was my first time ever on the track so my timing is a little off but im already addicted to running this car. my last car was a 95 acura integra LS which was strong but once i went vtec, i dont think i can ever go back!

This forum is awsome. I have huge plans for this car more so than the Integra which i loved dearly. And from the looks of it this forum will be a great deal of help and the start of a great relationship with my car. See you guys around on here. thanks again, Dillon. :thumb:
By Vti93T
#116470 oooooooh Canada!!!! lol

yeah the SOHC vtec stickers are aftermarket..my friend wanted to stick them on her k20 hatch to try to fool people :roll:
By Chance
Jdm_Katie wrote:oooooooh Canada!!!! lol

yeah the SOHC vtec stickers are aftermarket..my friend wanted to stick them on her k20 hatch to try to fool people :roll:

:eh: silly ricers
By Vti93T
#116633 seriously..my friend wasn't one but she just wanted people to think she had a stock motor and then stomp on them with her k20 lol
By chrono404
Jdm_Katie wrote:oooooooh Canada!!!! lol

Lol.
I had a friend who did this to his Turbo LS. :lol:
we always ripped on me because of it, Whenever he lost we always said something like "I dont think your vtec is working, might look into that" :lol: