Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By old-noob
#116007 I'm getting ready to swap integra rear discs into my non abs eg. If I read every thing right the non abs 15/16'' mc & bb will bolt right in. The 1'' abs will bolt in, & work fine after I bend & modify 1 brake line. Is this right?

A guy at the local auto part store said that the abs mc would be a pain in the ass, & I would need to convert to abs.

So which is right? If the gsr or itr will work with my non abs setup I don't mind the modding a brake line.
By BLaCkSiLo
old-noob wrote:I'm getting ready to swap integra rear discs into my non abs eg. If I read every thing right the non abs 15/16'' mc & bb will bolt right in. The 1'' abs will bolt in, & work fine after I bend & modify 1 brake line. Is this right?

A guy at the local auto part store said that the abs mc would be a pain in the ass, & I would need to convert to abs.

So which is right? If the gsr or itr will work with my non abs setup I don't mind the modding a brake line.

yes, i did a lot of research when i swapped in my rear discs, the 15/16 MC/BB with bolt right in and have the lines match up perfectly (this is what i did).

the 1" MC/BB you will have to modify one hard line that goes to the prop valve but you wont HAVE to convert to ABS because most likely the wires got cut like mine.

so pretty much, if you got the 1" route, you might need to re-route both lines but i found a really good write up online about it... i can't believe the difference tho! :thumb:

*EDIT: oh i also strongly suggest you get the 40/40 Prop Valve off of an integra or a 99-00 Si