Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 94civickid
#112079 ok here we go with another swap question i was thinkin about doing a single build. but the though of a b16 has been crossin my mind but b4 going and spendin money on a d-series build do u guys think it would be smarter to just buy a b16 rip it apart, clean it up and do that swap or build a turbo d. i have a rebuilt d16z6 with sk2 intake manifold, pace setter headder and 7lb flywheel what do u think would be smarter?

also i would love to see some b16 pics, common ya know ya wanna show off ya stuff
By Heatherly
#112080 I'm a fan of the B series, because if you build them and then boost them, they'll be able to handle higher numbers in the boost. Plus it makes a lightweight EG fly. I'm not a big D series fan though so that's my two cents.
By 94civickid
#112081 ive been thinkin alot about it and im really leaning towards the b swap thanks for ur input i appreciate it.
By hatchie
#112092 ive got a d series in my car still...my motor only has 24k on it so i still have all my compresson and everything... my d series is fast compared to others but when i get in a eg with b series its pretty quick.....so i deff say b series.
By ungars664
#112130 Well I'll say if you got the money go with the B16 or even a B18. Really it's up to you. Test the water by trying selling your D so after you got few offers you will see more clearly what you really wanna do.

Come on throw some pics of your ride dude and your engine bay :thumb:
By SOHCivegra
#112148 Personally I'm boosting my SOHC. Eventually I will go with a B but I like to start from the beginning.
Plus not many people do a D. 90% of the people out there ditch it and go with a B because its easier. Lame if you ask me.
By ungars664
SOHCivegra wrote:Personally I'm boosting my SOHC. Eventually I will go with a B but I like to start from the beginning.
Plus not many people do a D. 90% of the people out there ditch it and go with a B because its easier. Lame if you ask me.

I don't hate the D-Series but I prefer the B-Series. Looks better in an engine bay anyway. I'm not planning boosting the car cause I hate turbo.

N/A FTW
By SOHCivegra
ungars664 wrote:
SOHCivegra wrote:Personally I'm boosting my SOHC. Eventually I will go with a B but I like to start from the beginning.

I don't hate the D-Series but I prefer the B-Series. Looks better in an engine bay anyway. I'm not planning boosting the car cause I hate turbo.

N/A FTW

Hahahahaha...... Good Point
By 94civickid
#112262 i do have to admit u do have a point there b-series defitnatley look sexy all cleaned. thanks for all ur input im tryin to get some pics on here to c what u guys think
By Sentry
#112312 B16s are bleh and slow.

$1500 GReddy kit on a Z6 and you can beat B16 swapped hatches.

If you have dough for a B18 though, do it.
By chrono404
#112355 I nitrous'd my D16z6 and it beat up on Turbo D's. I beat B swap's, H swaps and a few Kswaps as well as 06+ Si's.

One Major thing I loved about my nitrous z6 was that I only shoot nitrous when Racing so I didn't wear my engine out near as quick.

That said I ended up blowing up my D16z6. Built a Mini-me and sold my coupe. If you want a fast car right away. Nitrous or Turbo your D. It will get you quick right away. Turboing will require tuning in order to not blow up, Good Tuning. on a Wet Nitrous kit you just need to get your nozzles jets right and your set.

The better long term decision would be to get a B Series swap. Then modding that. I am wishing that I got a B Series swap. I am buying an Integra to replace my Coupe I sold. My Coupe was fast, Fastest Single in my local races. However it ended up with my engine being destroyed. Thankfully I had a backup car. I wished that I swapped in a B. Even Now I rather have a B16 or B18c over a Nitrous D16z6. My Nitrous D16z6 was faster in a Straight line, i.e. a Drag Race. However I much rather have the B Series swap. It will be much more reliable then a Nitrous or Turbo D.

Basically in recap it comes down to what you want. if you want a Cheap fast car. Nitrous or Turbo your D. However it wont have the Reliability as a B Series swap. The B Series swap will cost more money, For the same cost the D will be faster, However the B will be much more Reliable.
By Gorveatt
Sentry wrote:B16s are bleh and slow.

$1500 GReddy kit on a Z6 and you can beat B16 swapped hatches.

If you have dough for a B18 though, do it.

What he said, save your money and get a B18, B16's have no torque and it doesn't feel like you're doing anything, the motor is screaming, and yeah you're picking up speed but it just doesn't put you in your seat at all.
By Vti93T
#112421 You can do a boosted d and as long as you build it and do everything right that thing can boost around 18 pounds. I like both b series and d series so it's a tough one for me but I've always wanted to do a turbo'd d.
By rflindy89
#113161 B-Series FTW!!! :woot: but I love to see someone make good use out of the single slammers.