Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jeremiah0678
#93060 Hey guys.. about to start in on my 93 coupe, and wondered if anyone had used a magnaflow universal replacement muffler?

I had one on my G3 Accord and loved it, but it was stainless with the upturned tips.. this coupe is going to be stealth so i was wanting to get another magnaflow but have it look stock, but move up the the 2.25 diamater pipe... so, if anyone has a recommendation of what size to get and the offset on the inlet/exhaust combo (i.e. C/C, C/O, O/O, etc) let me know!

thanks..
By chrono404
#93202 I am also going for a stealth look, My Exhaust set up is as follows:
Ebay 2.5" Stainless Catback to 2.5" Flowmaster (don't remember what model). I also have a Generic Tri-Y Header and Stock Cat.

It sounds deep and awesome, Similar a WRX.

If you plan on Keeping your stock engine, or go with a D-Series go with a 2.25" Exhaust from cat back.
If your planning on engine bigger then 1.6, or Planning on Boosting or juicing up go with a 2.5" Exhaust cat back.
By jeremiah0678
chrono404 wrote:I am also going for a stealth look, My Exhaust set up is as follows:
Ebay 2.5" Stainless Catback to 2.5" Flowmaster (don't remember what model). I also have a Generic Tri-Y Header and Stock Cat.

It sounds deep and awesome, Similar a WRX.

If you plan on Keeping your stock engine, or go with a D-Series go with a 2.25" Exhaust from cat back.
If your planning on engine bigger then 1.6, or Planning on Boosting or juicing up go with a 2.5" Exhaust cat back.

Nice! yeah im soooo not into the "ricer" sound... i like deep and mellow, hence the magnaflow. I too and getting a 4-2-1 header off ebay. Right now im sticking with the uber MPG efficient 1.5L thats in my car now, just cant turn down 38.5MPG (city/hwy avg) in this economy... with me doing a B18 swap when and if this motor dies. But for now just going to do some mods for a little snappier throttle response and still maintain my reliability and MPG. Most of my upgrades are going to be brakes and suspension. No use having more power if i cant control it and bring it to a hault! LOL