Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg-civic-racer
#5426 My mate has a 1600 96 civic and his gearbox is fecked!! Looking out for a gear box and was wondering if a vtech gearbox would fit?

Gear box code is S40-1195668

Any help would be app!

Cheers
Mark
By ChicagoMike
#5428 Just like teal dx said......stay away from the LX or DX, the gears are annoyingly long.
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Just like teal dx said......stay away from the LX or DX, the gears are annoyingly long.

but it depends tho... i heard longer gears were better for turbo...
By ChicagoMike
#5436 True, but I thought its his friends motor that needs the trans. :wink:
By teal_dx
#5443 some people like long gears for turbo, but shorter gears will always accelerate you faster, especially with a turbo. I'd rather accelerate faster since that's the speed I'm usually driving in and lose some mph on the top end. Cause how often do you really bury the speedo?
By asianrob
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:Just like teal dx said......stay away from the LX or DX, the gears are annoyingly long.

the DX/LX is very similar to the EX/Si tranny the tranny you want to stay away from is the VX/CX those are soooo long it makes a 3 hour movie look short
By ohDirka
#5445 i like burying the speedo :eekdance:
By eg-civic-racer
#5453 This tranny aint for me!! Its for my mate who has a 96 civic, however im getting lost in the model description difference so where is that link that someone put up telling the difference?

Ta
By vtec_gloucester
#5456 what civic has he got???

oh, and its VTEC... not VTECH. LMAO :lol:
By eg-civic-racer
#5474 read the post!! 1600 96 civic coupe, dont know the model!! non VTEK!
By chnzgoofball
#5482 just go for the ex/si tranny :D
By vtec_gloucester
Guccipoo wrote:read the post!!

i did read the post - if you worded it better or maybe found out what model it was or even better the engine code you could have got some better help.
By eg-civic-racer
#5542 lol! your so funny!! Thanks for the help tho guys, got a gearbox from the local scrappy and should be fitting it tm!!

Ta