Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By OmarG
#75515 Could my coupe with the stock d15b7 and I/H/E (and hollowed cat) take on a dodge ram 1500?

My friend and I want to try and see if my "rice burning shit satchel" can take on american inginuity. He has a stock v6 which puts down about 200hp and 300tq. (guestimated) right now, the only thing I'm banking on right now is the fact I'm way lighter than him. He may have a K&N drop in filter and exhaust tips, but thats about it.

Its going to be a fun quickie after school starting at 0, no rolling starts. If any of you guys have any advice, whether it be how to properly launch, or anything else really, lemme know. :thumb:

And mods, I'm sorry if this isn't the correct sub-forum for this thread, I wasn't sure where to put it.
By Eli'sEG94
#75550 Um i'm not sure if you want to get technical on this, it could really be a toss up, but I tell you what he has a heavy truck and only a V6, so you might have a slight edge with the "lightness" factor. if you want to get really anal haha just empty out your tires a bit so that they can get a bit more traction, idk what else to recommend you :P

PS: ohh and KICK HIS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :woot: . Best of luck :lol:
By marvinp8700
#75551 schooled by buddys 06 1500 v6 5speed in my 90 si hatch.
d16a6 I/H/E :thumb:
By OmarG
#75608 oh fuck me. :o

he has an '01. the site says he has 175hp. Buttload of torque though.

thanks for the help and tips. Keep 'em coming!
By Faded_Milano
#75613 don't get caught by the coppers and don't hit anything.
By DeW HoE
#75643 id say dont street race period!!!!!!...take it to the track.....
By OmarG
#75645 closest track around here is about 100 miles away. aaaand it has a hefty entry fee. PLUUUUS, its gonna be on an empty farm to market road. pretty rural and non-obtrusive. Makes it morally justifiable riiiight?

shut up, I'm tryin' to justify my actions! lol! :lol:

:edit: the last bit was a "funny haha" bit of sarcasm. I hate typing sarcasm, you can never really convey tone properly over the intertubes.
By OmarG
#76530 so, just to fill you all in, we went at it on friday :)

he had a buddy riding shotgun. I honked three times to signal the start of the race. (we decided to do a 20 pull) I was at 20mph (still in 1st) honked thrice, and owned him from the get go. After I thought I had left him in the dust long enough, i put my blinkers on and slowed down. When he cought up, his buddy offered to go again, but this time, they honked. already going 50, I dropped it into third and hauled balls when the third honk sounded. he was on par with me for maybe a second, then I pulled past and flew by him again. THEEEEEEN his buddy wanted to go from a dead stop. by this time I was feeling a little confident, so when he counted down, I waited to hear his tires squeel before I started off. he was on par for about two seconds, then again, I pulled past.

over all, it was a fun little run between a couple of guys. I thought it was kinda cool, when I showed up at school with a beat up looking civic, people were congradulatng me on beating Eric Carson. Even his buds were saying it was a good show. so all in all, I was pretty pleased with the performance of of my old beater.
By marvinp8700
#76533 yeah dude v6 dodge 1500 is big ol turd
oh yeah... dont street race
texas blows abilene has a track and street cars can only run once a month :thumbdown:
its 1/8 too fuckin gay
By King-K
#83288 Your d15 is gifted if it can do that, those are 19, 20 second motors depending on what car they are on and the driver.......
By OmarG
#83488 Other car's that have felt the wrath of the single slammer.

Sunfire sittin' on 17's with dual fart cans.

My buddy's kia rio cinco

My buddy's hyundai sonata V6

My buddy's 91 Camaro V6 (either he can't drive or his car's just too damn heavy)

Buddy's Chevy 1500 V8 Loud, jacked up on a lift kit, but SLOOOOW

Some Bum's riced out eclipse (yellow paint with grey unpainted body kit, and a "twin wing" spoiler

Ass got smoked by:

My buddy's 08 Si (he had a very small lead until he vTAAAAK'd, it was over then)

Nissan Titan. Some douche nozzle from school drives his daddy's truck...

Twin turbo'd Dodge 3500. (I didn't know it had anything done to it. Turns out it was a kid from school. Daddy's truck again.)