Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By pete1civic
#73623 i got a 95 honda civic ex vtec runs good but at first when i try to get out of first gear it feels like somethings holding it them when i reach like 3000 rpm it lets go and drives normal i just change the timing belt but still the same problem it only got aem cold air intake and a tanabe exhaust any suggetions o f what can it be
By Macster
#74241 you mean you cant shift out of first gear untill you reach 3k rpm or its bogging till 3000 rpm?
By mage182
#74263 Bogging before 3000 RPM could be a lot of different things. Here are just a few ideas:

Check your timing
Replace Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Wires
Clean IAC
Check for Vacuum leaks
Injector cleaner

I've also heard a few people say they had bogging and got sick of it so they took off their whole IM and it was disgusting inside. They took everything apart and cleaned it all. Put it back in with a new Hondata IM gasket and now everything runs mint.
By pete1civic
#74330 alright thanks
By Valpo500
#75236 that use to hapen to me, but on 5th gear. while driving somethimes the gear just won´t come out, I need a lot of pressure to get it to neutral. This happens just once in a while, but I hate it. ohh, I have installed a short shifter!

any idea??

pete1civic sorry for getting into your post, but takes the same idea!! thanks :D
By King-K
#83289 Did you get your piping done with your exhausr, it could be hitting your shift linkage, if not then your tranny could be going out, check your trannys oil.
By Mayhem_Audio
#83864 I HAVE SAME PROBLEM

ALL OTHER GEARS ARE FINE THO
By OmarG
#83879 CAPS LOCK

UNLEASH THE FURY!

:woot:
By Mayhem_Audio
#83889 sorry
By OmarG
#83891 haha, don't worry about it man, I was just messin' with ya :)