Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By DeW HoE
#72181 hey all,

i recently did a power window conversion n trust me it so rock!..hahaha...:thumb:

anyways, i dont kno if i did it wrong or something...

first of all, i bought a jdm sir window conversion of ebay, i thought it wouldnt matter anyway....and the guy said its for a coupe so i believed him.....it turns out it didnt came with the under dash harnesses which goes out to the doors...but i bought a set of those and door panels which comes with window switches so on with the install and everthing was goin smooth....til i was rolling the window up and it wont go all the way up!....i thought it was cuz i mounted the regulators too low but i re-installed the regulators higher and there wasnt any holes to mount them on so i jus stick with the original setup cuz it was raining soon....it will roll like 90% up so theres like an inch gap..i bought some window visors to block rain but it will only hold/block the top portion, the section where it meets the side mirrors is still prone to leakage if it rains...and when ike went pass florida it still ran like crazy and it jus blocked like 70% of the rain...

the question i wanna ask is: whats the difference between the coupe n sedan regulators? or was the jdm regulators works that way?...btw, the jdm window switches have an auto switch to go up or down, and the switches work like how you're using an inverse directions...for instance, if i hold it briefly down it will go up when i push it up it will go down.....im ok with everything, but i was really wondering is the jdm and usdm power windows setup THAT different?

i kno im being confusing but ill upload some pics when i get home from work.....
By Greasedmonkey
#72206 You wont be able to use the regulators from a sedan, they wont fit becuase the doors are different sizes. For the pushing the button down and it going up, you just need to switch some wires around.

Im not sure why the window wont roll all the way up, but you might want to check to see if something is blocking the window from going up more.
By Classiccarsrule85
#72262 It may be that the door support beam is blocking it just because the jdm doors dont have this beam support in their doors.....
By DeW HoE
#72280 ill look more into inside of the door..thanks for the helpful tips...
By sdots
#75226 I had the same issue when I installed the regulators on the opposite sides, so maybe that could be your issue.
By DeW HoE
#75306 ive tried switching sides but the harnesses for the power window switches is different from driver and passenger....ive looked deeper into the doors and THERE is a door support beam on the dge of the door....any way i can take these out? but i think its nearly impossible....*sigh*

guess ill have to get use to it...